Sign in to follow this  

where to buy those 8mm bolts

messed up one of my 8mm that hold the air box together, wheres a good place to buy them? id rather not use my local dealer btw

I've walked into my dealer a few times, and they've handed me some just for asking. Maybe I don't want to know why they have extras lying around :)

I've also seen some little kits in some accessory places, usually a different one for Japanese and European bikes with a lot of similar, though not gold in color parts. I've not ever bought any of those, so I don't know if they are stainless or whatever. Couldn't be worse than the stock Husky hardware though.

I purchased a set of these http://www.ktmcyclehutt.com/ktmstore/hardparts/tools/0002909900.jpg

when I had my KTM (I know, I know). They have paid for themselves several times over with the Husky. Every time I modify something or add something I am dipping into the kit. I am cheep and didn't want to spend that much on spare bolts, but a rider friend said do it, and I have not regretted it a bit. Would do it again in a second. :) Ken

Lowes and possibly home depot carry some metric fasteners.

look in the phone book for a bolt or fastener shop. i found a local shop that sells them in every length in stainless and titanium. i have been slowely changing all my bolts out. i have tons of spares now.

mike