Sign in to follow this  

CRF250 maintenance?

I have a friend ho work at my local honda dealer and his work mate have a crf250 that he buy new in '05. I have a shock when he tod me that he only change the engine oil 3 or 4 times in all that time he says he change the oil every spring:banghead: and the tranny oil only once since '05. He never have a single problem with the bike , no valves, no clutch, no piston or rings, no problems. The owner use the bike for enduro races, trails and some mx. Last week i ride this bike and runs great, starts first kick allways. I don't now how many hours the bike have but it looks preety worn. What do you guys think about this ?

I have a friend ho work at my local honda dealer and his work mate have a crf250 that he buy new in '05. I have a shock when he tod me that he only change the engine oil 3 or 4 times in all that time he says he change the oil every spring:banghead: and the tranny oil only once since '05. He never have a single problem with the bike , no valves, no clutch, no piston or rings, no problems. The owner use the bike for enduro races, trails and some mx. Last week i ride this bike and runs great, starts first kick allways. I don't now how many hours the bike have but it looks preety worn. What do you guys think about this ?

i think "good old reliable honda's":thumbsup:

i think this guy was an idiot. he only changed the oil 3 time in 3 years and raced with it. Your lucky that it is in as good of shape as you say it is. I wouldnt buy anything else from this guy and clearly dont take his advice on the maintaining your bike. Just make sure you change the air filter after every good ride and change your oil every 6 hours

I didn't buy this bike :), the guy don't want to sell a bike that wos so reliable. I just wonder haw a race bike like this that requires a lot of maintenance resist with no problems. BTW the story of this bike make me to buy my '04 250R.