Sign in to follow this  

08 suspension

i just want to get some input. did u send it off, if so to who? did u do it yourself, if so what did you do? i want to get some suspension done but i dont know if i should just put heavier springs in it or send it off. I would rather just put the springs in it as it is a whole lot cheaper. i just want to get some input so i can evaluate my options.

I don't have an 08, I have a 07, but I sent mine to the local Pro Action man. I weigh around 250lb so I obviously bought new springs. He did a re-valve and replaced the pistons with their hi-flo piston. I spent $800 overall for complete service, seals, etc.

I am happy with mine so far. I really liked their hi-flo piston. It makes a lot of sense when you see them. The pistons allow the oil to flow more quickly within the shock which really helps the choppy stuff and keeps it from bottoming as much.

Go Race Tech.I have had them all over the years and by far its the best for the money.Make sure they do the mid valves and use race tech fluids!!!!!Im 6.2 265# o/30-O/40 int motoX call them and see who they recomend in your area.Or go showa works for around 5-6k.

I took mine to a local place mcrsuspension. Hes the same guy that worked on Pastrannas bikes for a while. What a night and day diff! Im 200 lbs and the rear spring was left stock, but the front forks were switched out for stiffer ones and it was revalved.