Sign in to follow this  

SG-10, tech 10 or tech 8

Which of the 3 boots would be the best and how much better are these than the others. I currently have a pair of Answer boots that are a few years old, and the on the right boot there is a tear about 2 in. where i kick start my bike. So id like somethin that won't do that again.

They are all great boots, and IMO they offer equal protection. I would see if you can try some on and see which feels the best to you. Other than that I would go with whichever you can get the cheapest.

I agree with KJ. all great boots. I have tech 8's now. I got wide feet but I never felt uncomfortable in them. They broke it really fast too.

all are great boots.. if you have wide feet then the sg-10 may not be the boot for you.. i ended up getting tech 8s off ebay new for like 250... so go try some one.. then do some online searching..

I have sg-10's (the carbon fiber ones) and they are a lot heavier than my old boots which were tech 4's but the way the sg-10s feel on the inside is incredibil. It feels like the whole inside of the boot is lined with gel. They have held up very well too.

I recently purchased a pair of SG10's and they are absolutely phenomenal boots. They slip on like nothing and are more comfortable than a majority of the shoes I have ever owned (not many...). These boots should last many, many, many years of service especially with the durability of the sole and the quality of the boot.

Can't say anything about the A-stars, but you can't go wrong with the SG10's.

I'm on my 2nd pair of SG10s and can't say enough good things about them. My experience regarding wide feet is different than Slinkyman16's though - the only reason I got my first pair of SG10s back in '06 was because they were the only boots out of Fox, Thor, Sidi and a couple of others that would fit my wide foot comfortably. Otherwise, the three boots you mentioned are all very good; it'll probably come down to personal preference and which one you can get the best price on.

Cycle Zone currently has '06 SG10s for $249 w/free shipping.

-B

buckles suck on the 10's my friend can never get his closed he has to pound on them. love my sg10's and all my friends love their tech 8's

The SG12s are on their way. You will find deals on the SG10s all over and they fit my 4E right foot very well. I am in Oxtars at this time, they don't feel as wide as the SG10s at the ankles. Also Italian made. Have used the Tech8s but not the Tech10s. All very good vs what you are in now. That link to Cycle Zone is a good deal. :)

The Gaerne and SIDI Crossfire seem to be regarded as the best boots on the market. Why have you ruled out the SIDIs?

I guess i havent really heard enough about the Sidi ,and which crossfire are you talking about the TA or SRS. It seems like i shoudnt get the tech 10s because of the buckles.

i have tech 8's and love them. very confortable and offer great protection. my buckles sometimes need a good smack to clip in but they dont come undone

They are all great boots, and IMO they offer equal protection. I would see if you can try some on and see which feels the best to you. Other than that I would go with whichever you can get the cheapest.

Like KJ said, all are really nice boots. I personally run the SG10's and don't have a bad thing to say about them. Comfortable, flexible (only in the way you want them, at the hinge), tons of protection and extremely durable. They took almost no time to break in and have held up to all my abuse to date.

There are all kinds of deals on the Gearne's online so do your due diligence and you're almost guaranteed to find a smokin deal. :)

Also, FWIW, the SG10's seemed to run nearly a full size bigger so see if you can try on a pair before buying online:thumbsup:

I was having problems getting the buckles to snap shut on my Tech 10's and I called them and they said to squirt a little WD-40 on the buckle where it snaps together and now they go together like butta!! I can't believe I didn't think of that before honestly haha, I felt pretty stupid.

I have both Tech 10s and Tech 8's. I do like the 10's better... The break in on them was awesome! I worn them around the house for about 2 hrs at most then put them on and they felt awesome. The tech 8's seem like forever for them to break in. I like the extra protection in the ankle on the tech 10s..

I was having problems getting the buckles to snap shut on my Tech 10's and I called them and they said to squirt a little WD-40 on the buckle where it snaps together and now they go together like butta!! I can't believe I didn't think of that before honestly haha, I felt pretty stupid.

So far my Tech 10s have been great! They are extremely comfortable, offer very good protection, and it didn't take hardly any time at all for them to feel like they were broken in nicely. All I had to do was loosen up my buckles slightly and now they are a piece of cake to put on. My old Tech 8s were very, very good boots as well. However, my Tech 10s were more comfortable right out of the box than my well worn Tech 8s.