Sign in to follow this  

Tired of that ugly taillight? Want to save you 100 bucks?

Ok I didn't think anything of this getho crapy atempt to mess with my taillight. But some people seen some pictures and wanted me to show how I did it. I seen tail light mods but I havent seen one as far as mine and I'm sure it has been done I just couldnt find the post.

I took the plate bracket off and relocated it as high as it could go and cut every things under and around it off.

IMG_0479.jpg

I took that stem in between the tail light and the drop down black fender off. It was a bitch I cut that thing off with a saw.

I had to turn the taillight upside down so that the back of the light would fit in the fender. I then turned the lens upside down so that the plate light was facing down. I then mounted the taillight directly to the fender, I used the bolts from the stem. I had to use a sealer the gasket didn't work too well upside down. I ride tough and in water and havent blew a buld yet.

It's still ugly and I didnt sand or cut it nice because It was a short fix on impulse but if you like it better than stock here it is.

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

It wont load the pictures, well I only posted it for demand, I quess it's good for the lazy people who dont search well. I was asked

$100 bucks?!!!!!!:)

Dood, u r getting ripped-off!!:D

I think the point is, "Do this and save $100 on an aftermarket tail light". But yes, i've seen this done several times before richere on TT. :worthy:

ok got it, not claiming to be the first, people join everyday and wouldnt think to search I was asked by a few people figured I would, nothing big to me figured I'd share it. I didnt do a nice job if you could tell, couldnt care less just was asked so I figured I'd give something back other than 4 bucks a month

The links worked fine for me, loaded right up.

links worked fine but all the pictures said upgrade your account

The second link is a thread on TT. If you can see photos in other threads, you should be able to see them there?

Thanks for the info. I've thought about doing the same thing till I can justify the funds for an "accessory" such as a different tail light. Nice to see how you got it done.

Thanks! :)

I got my edge tail light and led signals for less than $100 shipped. Your's doesn't look bad but the edge matches the rear fender contour perfectly.

Maybe I'm missing something but on a dirt bike isn't cutting off or removing the fender going to allow more mud to spray up your back?

Maybe I'm missing something but on a dirt bike isn't cutting off or removing the fender going to allow more mud to spray up your back?

Like every other dirt bike?