Sign in to follow this  

$1.34 Mod!

Finally got my itty bitty teenie tiny little tuning forks emblem today. Same one that's on the tip of the tail. Yamaha part # 3C5-2411B-00-00. It was a whopping $1.34 my cost. Of course the rest of you peons will have to pay $2.44 plus tax. :D:)

j/k

TuningFork_Headlight.JPG

How do you get it at cost?

I own owned a Automotive repair shop for 25 years and have wholesale accounts at dealerships. Plus many wholesale accounts at that distributors that sell oem parts up to 60% of retail.

I sometimes fix bikes now. But I am having a hard time locating dealers to sell me parts wholesale. I called up a few motorcycle dealers near my house but there were no help. :)

I'm about to call Yamaha Corp and ask them how to get parts wholesale or at cost. Seems like getting new wholesale parts for motorcycles is different then automobiles.

Please PM me and let me know, thanks!

How do you get it at cost?

I own owned a Automotive repair shop for 25 years and have wholesale accounts at dealerships. Plus many wholesale accounts at that distributors that sell oem parts up to 60% of retail.

I sometimes fix bikes now. But I am having a hard time locating dealers to sell me parts wholesale. I called up a few motorcycle dealers near my house but there were no help. :)

I'm about to call Yamaha Corp and ask them how to get parts wholesale or at cost.

Please PM me and let me know, thanks!

Sorry for the confusion. I said it was "my cost" which is not the same as "cost". I work for a Yamaha Marine dealer and get my parts at 10% over dealer cost. Even though we only sell outboard motors, we can order parts for anything Yamaha makes, including motorcycles.

Sorry for the confusion. I said it was "my cost" which is not the same as "cost". I work for a Yamaha Marine dealer and get my parts at 10% over dealer cost. Even though we only sell outboard motors, we can order parts for anything Yamaha makes, including motorcycles.

So how do business get parts then? Like say I have a private moto repair shop. How would i get parts wholesale from Yamaha?

So how do business get parts then? Like say I have a private moto repair shop. How would i get parts wholesale from Yamaha?

Not sure how you would do that. I'm just a lowly wrench turner. Our parts girl could answer that but she's in Alaska right now on vacation. Most of the local guys who have outboard shops here buy parts from us for usually 15-20% off our retail price. Not exactly wholesale. I supose you would have to contact somebody at Yamaha and see about getting a service only dealership so you don't have to stock bikes, just parts.