Sign in to follow this  

stock speedo vs vapor vs gps

ok here we go bike>07sm,rider>195lbs.temp.>89,humty.70%, wind>0,road>flat, gear 15/38 other mods,fcr39,head pipe>fmf power bomb,short stock mid pipe back,3x3,k&n.1/2 tank gas. 1300 miles on the speedo. stock speedo 105. vapor 100.3 gps 99.7 what do you think:confused: p.s.:) don't bet up on me too bad!!!!!!!!!!:D

Seems about right. Breaking 100 on the gps is tougher than some think.....

If you want to feel good use the speedo speed :)

Flat straight road with good sat reception the GPS will be very accurate. OEM speedo is always optimistic. Vapor is as accurate as it is programed. I'd say you hit 100.

Seems about right. Breaking 100 on the gps is tougher than some think.....

If you want to feel good use the speedo speed :)

+ 2 on that

just trying too set the vapor that was close had to put it on 1900mm that was the read out vapor 100.3 gps 99.7 at 70 the read out was about .1 call it good..

what do you think will happend when i put my stage 1 hot cams in, help> hurt or stay about the same on the big end

I got the vapor to about the same error and called it good.

I don't think the stage 1's will make any difference up top, could be wrong though. With the stage 2's mine pulls like an ox (little ox anyway) between 65 and 80.

I am running fcr, muzzy and stage 2's Same gearing as you , more or less, and hover right around 100 mph. If I ever get a good day I may try to run it up again. I have never had a number over 100 mph I trust. I did have my GPS show a max recorded speed once of 354 mph (while mounted to the DRZ). I think it might have been out though. :D

If I really feel the need I still have the Z1000... :)

I got the vapor to about the same error and called it good.

I don't think the stage 1's will make any difference up top, could be wrong though. With the stage 2's mine pulls like an ox (little ox anyway) between 65 and 80.

I am running fcr, muzzy and stage 2's Same gearing as you , more or less, and hover right around 100 mph. If I ever get a good day I may try to run it up again. I have never had a number over 100 mph I trust. I did have my GPS show a max recorded speed once of 354 mph (while mounted to the DRZ). I think it might have been out though. :ride:

If I really feel the need I still have the Z1000... :)

that what i thought just get their a little faster :D just like to mess with my HD. buds any thing pass 100 they got me :worthy:

Flat straight road with good sat reception the GPS will be very accurate. OEM speedo is always optimistic. Vapor is as accurate as it is programed. I'd say you hit 100.

+1

That's VERY good calibration on the Vapor.

I'm surprised your speedo was only reading 105... most metric speedos are 10% high. If it's an electronic speedo (not cable driven), you can correct it with a Speedo Healer, but only being 5% off, I wouldn't sweat it.

that what i thought just get their a little faster :) just like to mess with my HD. buds any thing pass 100 they got me :worthy:

Yeah, that stinks, but, in the twisty's even w/ my D606's is you know the road you can rule it!!:D

+1

That's VERY good calibration on the Vapor.

I'm surprised your speedo was only reading 105... most metric speedos are 10% high. If it's an electronic speedo (not cable driven), you can correct it with a Speedo Healer, but only being 5% off, I wouldn't sweat it.

i was useing the gps to set my vapor had all 3 going at the same time thats the numbers that came up on that day. how about those 470s x gear x flat out = ? :D:):worthy:

I dont have a stock speedo as I have a plated E, but I find my Vapor and Gps are always extremely close.

how about some speed numbers on some big bore motors and the stroked ones whats it got flat out!!!!!!

The fastest I have gone is about a true 103. This was sitting bolt upright, up hill and the bike still had more to go. I still run a stock fender and shrouds, so the wing effect makes the bike a bit unsettling. I suspect I could break 115 if I tried and was not worried about the wind.

all them big motors out their whats up!! give me those big numbers flat out whats it got??????????????