Sign in to follow this  

rear wheel

hi everyone i have a couple of questions.first i have a 96 kx250 that i need to replace the whole rear wheel on.im looking at the warp 9 wheels an the rad manufacturing wheels.what do u guys think of these wheels good or bad.ive been looking for other whole rear wheels but cant find any,if u guys know were i can find one please give me a link.i would prefer a tallon hub with excel rim.last while im going to spend the money i was thinking of going to 18 in the rear insread of the 19.i ride pretty much everything track ,fire roads,trails,im not a racer im just a play rider.ive been riding for three years now so im not a good rider just ride for fun wiyh my boy.so would the 18 bennifit me more.plus some of my riding is on rocky ground.thanks :):D

hi everyone i have a couple of questions.first i have a 96 kx250 that i need to replace the whole rear wheel on.im looking at the warp 9 wheels an the rad manufacturing wheels.what do u guys think of these wheels good or bad.ive been looking for other whole rear wheels but cant find any,if u guys know were i can find one please give me a link.i would prefer a tallon hub with excel rim.last while im going to spend the money i was thinking of going to 18 in the rear insread of the 19.i ride pretty much everything track ,fire roads,trails,im not a racer im just a play rider.ive been riding for three years now so im not a good rider just ride for fun wiyh my boy.so would the 18 bennifit me more.plus some of my riding is on rocky ground.thanks :):D

I was in the same boat... I had a very hard time finding anything new that would fit. You can use a wheel from any of the years between 90-02. I found a set on eBay from an 02 and they bolted up to my 97 with no problem. They are Excel rims on the stock hubs. You are going to spent a mint on new wheels, probably almost as much as the bike is worth... I have an oem rear hub that is in good condition but needs new wheel bearings. You could buy the rim and spokes and have it laced to the oem hub... Let me know if you are interested.

Mike

like mike said, other model years fit as well. you should also be able to find excel pro wheels and then get the specific adapter (carrier ring) for your bike. best and most expensive solution, but wheel can be reused for other bikes...

if you ride rocky ground and trails, go for the 18"

whatever you do, don't touch the warp 9 if you ride a lot or race or ride motocross with big jumps. If you cruise slow on trails you should get them. I have seen many warp 9's going back on returns due to failure.

thanks supermotomike,if i go this route i would upgrade to the excel rim.how do these hubs hold up to abuse.like i sad im just starting out,so no big jumps.i would say the biggest jump ive done is a 40 foot table top,and i dont think my wheels were off the ground more than 5 or 6 feet.thats about the most i would do at this point.i just want something that is as good as oem or better.im willing to pay 450 fore a whole wheel.thanks guys:ride: :)

They are billet hubs so they should be stronger than the cast oem units. If you match them with Excel wheels and spokes you should have no strength issues.