Sign in to follow this  

klx 300r, front end noise

I have a 98 klx300r, I just installed a new motor in it and now Im getting a really bad front end rub, I can feel it while going down the road, and it gets worse the longer its riding...It feels like a grind or rub every few rotations actually making the nose of the bike dip alittle....when I put the bike up on the jack and spin the front tire, it almost feels like its the front disc, but I dont see how that would get worse as it goes, that seems like it would be constant...Im still fairly new to this bike and I did the obvious and ordered a new bearing kit for it, has anyone else had this same problem so I know for sure thats the problem, I dont want to ruin the bike....Thanks in advance...

Maybe the front rotor is warped. As it rotates it is creating heat rubbing on the brake pads which causes things to expand. What i would do is remove the brake cylinder from the rotor and spin the wheel to see if it improves. At the same time listen close to the wheel bearings. Good luck

I have a 98 klx300r, I just installed a new motor in it and now Im getting a really bad front end rub, I can feel it while going down the road, and it gets worse the longer its riding...It feels like a grind or rub every few rotations actually making the nose of the bike dip alittle....when I put the bike up on the jack and spin the front tire, it almost feels like its the front disc, but I dont see how that would get worse as it goes, that seems like it would be constant...Im still fairly new to this bike and I did the obvious and ordered a new bearing kit for it, has anyone else had this same problem so I know for sure thats the problem, I dont want to ruin the bike....Thanks in advance...

Thanks for the advice, I took the caliper off and sure enough, the wheel didnt make a noise, anyone have a spare front disc laying around they want to sell? They are rediculous at the dealers....thanks again...

Might check e-bay. Someone is always parting out a klx. you will have to type in. klx300 or klx 300. Good Luck.

e-bay has a new rotor and pad combo. 49.95 + 12.95 shipping Item # 170250186252. The listing will also give you the name of kawasaki donor bikes other than the klx that use the same rotors. Go Green

Thanks C. Kid I didnt waste any time looking for used donor parts, they might be on there way out too...So I purchased the kit on ebay...Thanks for your help.. Kind of funny though the day before I searched all over for one on ebay and there was nothing, I guess you have to specify store....Thanks again...