Any 09 YZ450F real world reviews yet?

I challange any one to go out and spend 7,000 bucks on something and not be a little excited about the newness. Of course you are going to hyp up the bike you just got it man. Ride the wheels off it, maybe give us a revue after you ride it for a couple of months. (long hall test)

I hate changing bikes anyway, I am really loving my 08. Seem's like I have to ride one a while before I feel at home. Have to sell my 08 before I can get an 09 but for now I am keeping it on the back row. My son will get a new one soon and maybe when I ride it I will change my mind.

? is the 08 exhuast really all that bad for a 94db pipe? seems yamaha is ahead of the curve, AMA just adopted the FIM 94db standard... and yamaha is probably the only MFG that is already there?

I was looking at a dyno curve of the stock 08 vs the Leovince enduro system and the power was very close. and both pipes hit 94db at 4500rpm.

it would be interesting to see how the other mfgs perform once they are choked down to the new limit?

? is the 08 exhuast really all that bad for a 94db pipe? seems yamaha is ahead of the curve, AMA just adopted the FIM 94db standard... and yamaha is probably the only MFG that is already there?

I was looking at a dyno curve of the stock 08 vs the Leovince enduro system and the power was very close. and both pipes hit 94db at 4500rpm.

it would be interesting to see how the other mfgs perform once they are choked down to the new limit?

I didn't use my 08 with the stock shorty very long, but during the time that I did use it, it didn't seem THAT bad. It was pretty quiet for a motocross exhaust and the bike only needed to be given more throttle to tear up the dirt. It's not like the bike is going to feel like a 250f, it still feels like a big motor, just not a scary monster right off from idle.

It would also be interesting to see the dyno chart you refer to....

no prob. the british version of the leovince site has a ton(2240lbs) of info:

this is the slip-on. I run this set up on my wr450, with an 08 yz header. kinda odd that LV would post a dyno run showing that their pipe was the same as stock.

http://www.sitogroup.com/pls/pazsito/pk$ges_upload.download?nome_file=F24054/GP-3659.pdf

this is the super blingo full ti system dyno.

http://www.sitogroup.com/pls/pazsito/pk$ges_upload.download?nome_file=F30637/GP-3660.pdf

this is a link to the webpage for the ti system. they have sound files, weights, sound measurments. pictures. drawings...

http://www.sitogroup.com/servlet/page?_pageid=520&_dad=sitop30&_schema=SITOP30&voce_menu_sx=78&voce_menu_dx=119813&voce_menu_sx=78&voce_menu_dx=115&codprd=10124&prgtmp=&sessione=

My 08 was only quiet at idle with the stock muffler. The only place I thought it was lacking was the bottom end. I put the yoshimura RS-2 on it and it added power everywhere. Really woke up the bottom and lots of over rev. However, as fun as the bike is now, I think it wears me out quicker then the stock version did.

I didn't use my 08 with the stock shorty very long, but during the time that I did use it, it didn't seem THAT bad. It was pretty quiet for a motocross exhaust and the bike only needed to be given more throttle to tear up the dirt. It's not like the bike is going to feel like a 250f, it still feels like a big motor, just not a scary monster right off from idle.

I agree... I kept the stocker on for almost a year no complaints. After I replaced the stock pipe I still don't clear the triple at the local track...?

The dyno sheets I've seen on the US models, which have the shorty exhaust, are somewhat different. I should have bookmarked them, but the difference is in the area between 4000-6500 rpm. The US exhaust causes a dip in the curve in that range that is as much as 5-6 HP lower than with an aftermarket MX exhaust. Peak doesn't change much, but mid range sure does.

I think what you're seeing is that the Euro pipe used in these tests is much better that the US '08 version, so to the origimal question, yes, it's that bad.

The dyno sheets I've seen on the US models, which have the shorty exhaust, are somewhat different. I should have bookmarked them, but the difference is in the area between 4000-6500 rpm. The US exhaust causes a dip in the curve in that range that is as much as 5-6 HP lower than with an aftermarket MX exhaust. Peak doesn't change much, but mid range sure does.

I think what you're seeing is that the Euro pipe used in these tests is much better that the US '08 version, so to the origimal question, yes, it's that bad.

when you are right... you are right.

got this off the Yamaha europe web page... this is their version of the 2009. look no shorty pipe.

2009-YZ450F-static-08_tcm26-255854.jpg

I find it odd that the Japan version Yamaha has the longer, louder pipe. I read a article by Andrew Short and he said Japan has laws requiring bikes to be super quiet, he said it was nerve racking to be racing these guys cause you couldnt hear them coming up on you. He also said the factory bikes there were like riding stock bikes here.

I cant wait to hear some more real reviews from actual owners on the 09. I have no plans to move up, my 08 is killer and now that its set up right I have no complaints, I am not riding it to its potential anyway. Aside from the new graphics and black rims, I see no reason to get rid of my white 08. Besides, I just put new Nstyle graphics on and news rims are cheaper then a new bike....