Sign in to follow this  

Headlight and PCIII

Installed PCIII today. Was fairly easy, especially with another pair of hands.

Anyway, after install I switched the ignition to "on". The headlight didn't come on but the front signals lit up. Am I smoking crack :) or does the headlight not come on when the key is in the "on" position?

Headlight came on once I started the bike.

Installed PCIII today. Was fairly easy, especially with another pair of hands.

Anyway, after install I switched the ignition to "on". The headlight didn't come on but the front signals lit up. Am I smoking crack :D or does the headlight not come on when the key is in the "on" position?

Headlight came on once I started the bike.

headlight with engine running only.......

and you will have to tell us if your smoking crack :) we cant answer that for you.....

hahaha thank you sir.

I must be hallucinating in my old age, I could have sworn the light came on before firing the bike up. Oh well, thanks for putting my mind at ease.

FYI: If you start the engine and then use the kill switch, the headlight stays on without the engine running, until you shut the key off.

Enough about crack and headlights...Where'd you mount the PCIII? How was the install? Pics?

"pilot light"? where is that?

it's at the lower corner of the headlight unit... if you are facing (looking at) the headlight, the pilot light is at the right bottom corner

let me take some pic tonite

I bet that is the "city light" we will not have that version headlight in the US. Most other countries require a small bulb in the headlights that is seperate from the main headlight. Usually a 194 base bulb....they can turn the headlight off and just run that light in the city. My European headlights in my Jetta have this feature. I also installed some extra turnsignals in the city light location in my 02 FZ1....

FYI: If you start the engine and then use the kill switch, the headlight stays on without the engine running, until you shut the key off.

aahhh that's what I must have been thinking :)

thanks

Enough about crack and headlights...Where'd you mount the PCIII? How was the install? Pics?

I mounted it under the headlight like the directions show.

Sorry, didn't take any pics, but was really an easy install following their directions. One suggestion, have someone hold the gas tank, instead of disconnecting it.

1st and 2nd gear are definitely smooother now, under 3rd feels like it has a little more pull. Now for the K&N air filter and evenually exhaust.

It never ends!! :)

haha i must say i thought i was smoking crack when i notice that the headlight didn't come on when i switched the ignition on but as it turns out it only comes on when the engine is running