Sign in to follow this  

TC forks have NO rebound after changing seals?

I had a suspension guy change the seals in my 2007 Husqvarna TC 250 with Marzocchi forks. After putting the forks back on the bike...neither fork had rebound dampning. They are both real springy feeling.

We have since dissassymbled the forks with no luck in finding out why the rebound has dissapeared. :)

Is anyone familiar with this challenge. I found a set of 07' forks on ebay, and his description described the same challenge my forks have...he said it was a common problem.

Also, where is a good place to buy all the internal rubber components?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Mitch

http://www.marzocchi.com/System/54913/9001159%20SHIVER50_WEB.pdf

Read the "EN" section of page 70-74. If he disassembled/drained the cartridge it requires some special tools to properly bleed them? I suspect you could rig up something to use in place of the "special" tool...maybe make something out of a PVC coupler to clamp around the bladder?

Pretty strange twin-chamber fork...

Call Marzocchi usa (the number is on their web site) and ask for johnner. He is knowledgeable. Also call malcolm smith motorsports in CA and ask for adam or andy I don't remember his name but he is very nowledgeable with husky suspension. I buy a lot of parts for my Husky from malcolm smith because he helped me a lot.

it looks like a wp fork, it has some cool features, adjustable preload platforms is a great idea, also be aware they recommend 7.5wt oil so if the user put 5wt in that wont help the rebound much.New 7.5 wt oil (or even better daves oil) and a good bleed will fix it.