Sign in to follow this  

Valve tapping/Clicking..?

I lowered My idle a little bit today and I noticed what I think is clicking/tapping sound, I assume it is the valves. I did some fooling around with hot rods as a kid but otherwise have no idea how to adjust the valves on my bike. I have an SSR 125 SBR with a zongshen motor. Does anyone have any advice on this? How to do it and what tools do I need. are there any tutorials floating around out there on this. Any help would be appreciated

I lowered My idle a little bit today and I noticed what I think is clicking/tapping sound, I assume it is the valves. I did some fooling around with hot rods as a kid but otherwise have no idea how to adjust the valves on my bike. I have an SSR 125 SBR with a zongshen motor. Does anyone have any advice on this? How to do it and what tools do I need. are there any tutorials floating around out there on this. Any help would be appreciated

Im affraid Im all typed out ....posted it on here a few times before....:)

Best bet is to go over to the BBR site and they have a (How to Video) online to watch...explains everything takes a few min to watch

.003" Intake .004" Exhaust

Motor at TDC with Both Ignition and Cam Timing lined up

I did a search but couldnt seem to find your previous post, I knew I had seen it before but didnt have the problem then. I apologize for asking you to type it again. I will check out that site. Is there anyone else who could tell me what tools I would need to do this job or does the video also tell me that. anyway thanks for your response, you have always been very helpful Precision50

Thanks a ton, just watched the videos and will give it a shot tomorrow, looks easy enough. I was more nervous at first thinking about doing this than I am most days at my day job...anyway thanks again

... 'member, check engine when cold, really cold. I think some valve slap (that ticking noise) is OK. I noticed it when I set mine as per P50's .003/.004.

... 'member, check engine when cold, really cold. I think some valve slap (that ticking noise) is OK. I noticed it when I set mine as per P50's .003/.004.

everyone 99% of the Time does it when its hot or warm...:)

Cold

So... cold right?

Errrr Yep.....:)

a lot of times when done (Hot) when the motor cools the valves can be tight and hang open or just the opposite Click and Clack even worse and have a poor running motor!

I will make sure its done when cold, Got called in to work today so I didnt get to it today, hopefully tomorrow

I also bought one of those screws from SGR and it made tuning my bike a whole lot easier, that along with all of precision50's advice in the beginning

disregard last post, was commenting on something else. must have been a long day????????????????