Sign in to follow this  

Rearsets Cad Rough Draft Opinons Please!!!!

SO AFTER MY WHEEL CONVERSION USING CBR F2 WHEELS DONE.AND TURNING OUT FAR BETTER THAN ANTICIPATED.I'VE DICIDED THE MILL MY OWN REAR SETS FROM SCRATCH.SO HERE'S THE ROUGH DRAFT. THERE ROUGHLY TO SCALE AND AS DETAILED AS MY $30.00 CAD PROGRAM WILL ALLOW.:)

rearsets.jpg

SO MY THINKING IS BRINGING THE PEGS ABOUT 3" BACK FROM THE SWING ARM BOLT AND AT THAT HIEGHT.I TESTED THIS WITH SOME ALLTHEARD AND OLD BIKE PEGS TO GET A FEEL FOR FIT.THE MAIN MOUNTING POINT IS THE SWIN ARM BOLT. BECAUSE IT IS HOLLOW I CAN PASS ALLTHREAD THOURGH IT. AND ITS TH ONLY WAT TO GET THE PEGS EXATLY THE SAME PLACE ON BOTH SIDES.USING ALLENHEAD CAP NUTS ON THE REARSET BASE, THEN A TO SPACER TO BRING THE BASE TO THE RIGHT OFFSET TO LINE IT UP IN PLACE.I DREW THIS USEING BRASS BUSHINGS FOR THE THE ARMS TO MOVE ONTHE PEGS WITH.BUT THINKING I MIGHT TRY TO COUNTERSINK BALL BEARINGS IN THEM FOR BETTER PEFORMANCE.AND OF COURSE HIEM-JOINTS AND JAM NUTS AT ALL LINKAGE ENDS TO KEEP THINGS FULLY ADJUSTABLE.SO WITH THAT SAID. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.OPINOINS COMMENTS WELCOME.GOOD OR BAD .PLEASE CONSTURCTIVE CRITISISIM IS A MUST:foul: .OH YEAH ENJOY AND HERES A PIC OF THE TEST BED. :D:worthy::ride:

IMGP0011.jpg

for the most part pretty bad a$$.i think the riding style would be good. it seems that it would put you further up on the seat for better agressive riding.do you think it would make for a more cramped position though if you taller of course. good job!!

Way cool idea. I've been trying to find some stuff I can make at work too.

rearsets.jpg

On your model, #1 will need to be the same length as the factory piece to assure the brake plunger is aligned perfectly with the master cylinder.

What about #1 and #2 being different lengths? This will change the stroke

ratio a bit. Maybe they should be the same length? I'm no expert. Just

thinking out loud.

Take some pics of the whole process. I'd love to see it.

hey if you your feeling ballsy, wheels are about 350 aset on fleabay and I posted rough specs from the build up in the sm forum.oh yeah i've never touched a mill before the conversion.

funny you should say that I thought the same thing before I tested it with allthread an bike pegs and acutly i'm slightly more forword even more in control and complelty relaxed not cramped at all oh i'm 5'11' and a buck-70.

rearsets.jpg

On your model, #1 will need to be the same length as the factory piece to assure the brake plunger is aligned perfectly with the master cylinder.

thinking out loud.

as far as the plunger angle it won't change becausei'm using a stock piece and machining down the other side to fit as far different lenght arms using this ratio gives firmer response with less movment distence at foot lever is about 1'1/2 inch and almost twice as responsive as stock and yes i've field tested this. great point though I hoped some one point this out.Iguss there is a few minds out there with an eye for mechanical detail.

rearsets.jpg

thinking out loud.

oh yeah I'm in remolding this is all after work hours at my in my buddys garage. has mill with tooling ,lath with tooling,tig (still working on my skills)

cnc plasma cutter table.

how did those rims fit up to your bike? they look great!!! i would love to do the same basic set up. my buddy just got a pair of forged alum rims and im feeling kind of left out. are you gunna keep the right front disc? either way man great looking bike!

check out the sm forum go to pics thread between page 120-128every things there to give you a good start the specs are the starting place from those specs i did the final fitting.not as hard to do as you think and no where as iimtimadating as you would think. your the second guy to ask about the wheels .funny I posted pics of the whole bike and only one person asked about them.Ipost a cad draft of rearsets and every one notices the wheel who would of thought.mabye i should post a wheel conversion thread.

great pics, looks like a ton of work has gone into that thing. it looks like you have some chain rub on that tyre??? are you running a something other than A 150???? other wise great bike , i just might have to look into doing some fab work on my sm

I do like the look of those wheels ,but I do beleive the stockers are lighter ,not to mention if you plan on jumping your bike at all they might not last.sweet looking bike !

With Wheels In Hand The Cbrs Are Lighter Than My Dual Sport Wheels.and I Don't Jump It On The Street.the Cbr's Never See The Dirt That Is What I Have The Knobbies For.

.mabye i should post a wheel conversion thread.

Yes, yes...for $350...and some time..I would totally do this...great job man!:) They look freakin awesome!