Sign in to follow this  

Trying to sell my bike

So, I have been trying to sell my 06 Baja DR125 lately. It is a 4 stroke that is in almost perfect condition. I am trying to get $1000 for it, but so far I have had no luck. So when I got it 2 years ago, I bought a sticker kit, some ProTaper bars, protaper grips, and an air filter for it. I put a little bit too many stickers on it.:) So, if you were a buyer, would the bike be more attractive to you with all these stickers on it, or without them?

385.jpg

Also, would it make any difference in the price if I took the Protaper bar off and put it on my other bike?

I hate to have to tell you this, but you are just asking to much for a chinese bike. Atleast in my area, you can get a used xr100/ttr125/drz125 for around $1200-$1500 that is atleast fairly new. The bars won't really make a difference. A lot of people don't like bikes having that many stickers on them, but sometimes the kids do.:)

Well, around here a 03+ ttr, klx, and drzs go for $1400+. I would be fine if I got less money than I am asking. I think I will use my bars on my other bike instead of on this bike.

Well, I was thinking about trading it for a bike that my little brother and sister could ride such as a ttr110, klx110, or a crf50. Would it be better to trade it in to a dealer or try and trade it for a used bike? Here is what it looked like without the stickers.

dirtbike001.jpg

This is a little off topic, but can anyone tell me if my bike is a replica of any type of japanese bike? I know the exhaust is modeled after a crf150.

I bought my dr150 (08) for 1100.00 out the door ......that included tax and a set up fee to see some yahoo run around the parking lot with it a few times. so if you're not getting a 1000 for it....it's because they can get a bigger bike for 100.00 more out the door brand new with title in hand.and 0 hours on it. i have that same bike you have that I am using as a parts bike.

I hope you can sell your bike. Out here in So California, those bikes are a dime a dozen. Most Chinese bikes that are sold dont have a parts department to help with customers needs. What a bad way of doing business.

Hopefully you plan on buying a Japanese bike with a shop who can help you.

Good luck.

wow, i can't believe my thread is still alive. I have since decided on keeping this bike, fixing it up, and giving it to my little borther and sister. BTW I do have a japanese bike too ^^^.