Sign in to follow this  

Headlights??

I was wondering if anyone has tried the ACERBIS CE/DOT CERTIFIED DHH HEADLIGHT. This light sounds better than stock and I find it to be $70 online usually. I have aslo heard that I can make my bike produce a 55W output from stock 35W input for $33.20. Does anyone know how or what? Will I need to do a stator rewind? I also hate who my bikes light is dim and changes with the throttle, how do I fix this? Thanks:ride: :)

Try the PIAA bulb available from cycle gear it is a white light that puts out substantially more light than the stock bulb. Race tested it a few weeks ago it really works great for around $30 bucks. Do a search and the part number will be listed somewhere. I really don't know how to address the light dimming issue. I personally just ran my idle a little higher for the race than turned it down after.

Your x puts out about 64w@5000, assuming you avg 5000rpm that's about all you have to play with.

The head light uses ~35w + led taillight 3-5w = 40w. So your left with 24w to keep the battery charged. If you go to a DOT legal headlight, 55w, only 4w left for the battery. Add a legal tail light and your at a loss, stuff will light up but your battery won't charge.

Reason head light changes brightness with rpm is it runs off unregulated AC tapped into the charging system before the regulator/ rectifier. Light bulbs don't care if they ac or dc. They most likely did it this way so the light would come on and off without a switch, and not get left on accidentally, and still have light with a dead battery.