Sign in to follow this  

Who has best tire prices ?

I need both by the end of the month to pass inspection. Probably stick with stock trailwing although I am considering kendas for price + more dirt oriented .

What price did you pay (inc. s/h) last time around? Anybody do package (front & back) deals?

Thanks for any help, Shape:thumbsup:

my last go around got Kenda K270's at rockymountainatv.com, price was about $45 each, flat rate shipping, best deal i found after alot of research...good tire, 50/50 but have to really figure out the pressure to ride good between street and dirt...I had put in an order to JCWhitney, the were about $75 for the rear, so big savings.

i would start searching now, there seems to be a shortage of DS tires out there...

hope this helps,

Ryan

rocky mountain as said above... or chapparal racing.... both have good prices...you should be able to get a set shipped for around 100-120 shipped depending what u are looking for...

What size Kenda K270 (front & rear) would be the equivalent to the stock Bridgestone trail wings ? Can you get them to match up exactly or will there be a difference ?

Thanks Shape

I don't know if it's just me, but I am not really satisfied with the Kenda K270's that came on my DRZ. They don't seem(to me) to work well in any arena, and on top of that they are loud on the street. Just my .02...

motosport.com is my tire place, they have front and rear combos for best price, free ship no tax.

I got my Kenda K760's through Rocky mountain, great prices, FAST shipping.

I got my Kenda K760's through Rocky mountain, great prices, FAST shipping.

how does the k760 front tire handle on the road?

We just had a huge thread in another forum regarding tire prices. Many of the big players are messing around with pricing on a weekly basis. Honestly, you pretty much have to do your homework to get the best press each time you buy... the market is just that volatile.

well, with the kenda's i don't notice that they are horrible on or off road...they aren't great on or off road. Bottom line people if you want a good road bike go get a sport or touring, if you want a great off road bike go get an MX bike...if you want to do both get a DRZ!

I got the 5.10 on the back and whatever the size they offer on 21's for the front. They fit great, look good...just watch them in the rain they get squirelly!!

well, with the kenda's i don't notice that they are horrible on or off road...they aren't great on or off road. Bottom line people if you want a good road bike go get a sport or touring, if you want a great off road bike go get an MX bike...if you want to do both get a DRZ!

I got the 5.10 on the back and whatever the size they offer on 21's for the front. They fit great, look good...just watch them in the rain they get squirelly!!

i understand that there has to be a trade off. Just don't want the trade off to end up causing a wreck....you know what I mean. Down the road my ideal setup will be sm wheels and tires for the road, and a set of offroad wheels with strictly offroad tires. Money doesn't warrant that right now:bonk:

With 4 bikes I do go thru quite a few tires. I look around online just to check when I'm ready for something. Sometimes a good deal pops up but mostly I end up with tires from Southwest Moto. If you order at least 2 tires, they pay the freight and they usually do have better prices.

Tony