Sign in to follow this  

building an Endurocross-style track

I Want to build an endurocross style track and need Ideas (and maybe some help:thumbsup:) because this will be something new for me. I wanted a MX track but the land I have is not the best for that, plus an endurocross track would be something different for people. I wanted to start this season but it might have to wait until next spring because my woods is pretty grown over at the moment. I know I will have some tight woods sections with some obstacles and a single jump which clears a little creak I have which then leads into a large open swamp area where the bikes could be opened up. Other then that I am clueless. I also had a few buddies with bobcats but they seem not to have time for me anymore (I recently got married:cry:) so if anybody has tools, Ideas or any supplies I would be more than happy to share the track with people.

Check out the end of this vid.....Destry Abbott designed this Endurocross track.......he makes it look wayyyyyyyyyyy more easier than it was.

I just started on one of those last weekend! I just got done cleaning out a course in the woods for it but I think I need to revise my plan, because it isnt very fun to ride. When I figure something decent out, I will share.

My plan is to have a 1/2 mile long MX track (mostly done, is fun, and it is ride able), an endurocross track, a 10 mile long single track loop(2 miles so far), and another 5 mile single track loop (Just started)

wow yours sound like a blast! mine wont be that big but I think it will give me and some people who live around this area something to do. The tracks and trails are at least an hour and a half away so this is a nice alternative. I will try to get some rocks and logs for sure, maybe even some concrete cylinders(culvert material?) and go from there.

I just started on one of those last weekend! I just got done cleaning out a course in the woods for it but I think I need to revise my plan, because it isnt very fun to ride. When I figure something decent out, I will share.

My plan is to have a 1/2 mile long MX track (mostly done, is fun, and it is ride able), an endurocross track, a 10 mile long single track loop(2 miles so far), and another 5 mile single track loop (Just started)

If you pull all that off, PM me. That would out do Arkansaw any day. We just might need to have a TT ride day:ride: .

wow yours sound like a blast! mine wont be that big but I think it will give me and some people who live around this area something to do. The tracks and trails are at least an hour and a half away so this is a nice alternative. I will try to get some rocks and logs for sure, maybe even some concrete cylinders(culvert material?) and go from there.

Currently I am planning on putting in logs, tractor tires, and maybe haul some rock in for mine. This is a lot harder to plan and execute than the MX track was...

If you pull all that off, PM me. That would out do Arkansaw any day. We just might need to have a TT ride day:ride: .

I was hoping we could do that on a weekend this fall.:) By then I should have all of it done and we could ride and have a cookout. :D

I was hoping we could do that on a weekend this fall.:) By then I should have all of it done and we could ride and have a cookout. :D

That would be awesome. Ive always wanted to ride an endurocross track without the pressure of racing!

We can pull it off:thumbsup:

That would be awesome. Ive always wanted to ride an endurocross track without the pressure of racing!

We can pull it off:thumbsup:

I sure hope so.

Want to come up and help me work on the stuff and ride sometime?

I'm down for helping out after I get a working bike again. The only thing I ask is that we keep the number of deer to a minimum on the course. :)

I'm down for helping out after I get a working bike again. The only thing I ask is that we keep the number of deer to a minimum on the course. :banghead:

:D:worthy::ride:

That sucks that your oil drain busted like it did. :)

Yeah, that would be great, I would love to help out. The only problemo is I dont have a liscence yet so I would have to talk my dad into it. Where are they being built?

Yeah, that would be great, I would love to help out. The only problemo is I dont have a liscence yet so I would have to talk my dad into it. Where are they being built?

I am building the tracks and one of the single track loops in an old Christmas tree farm and surrounding area which is 4 miles north of Eau Galle, WI(which is 11 miles north of Durand) The other single track trail loop will be located about a 3/4's of a mile away in the hills and woods surrounding the house. It takes about an hour and a half to get here from the NW part of Rochester where my brother lives.

When are you planning on taking your drivers test?

Hey Mike, here are some things I thought about for your track:

1. Make friends with some farmers and get them to hook you up with worn out tractor tires. There are a few different things you can do with them and they are pretty easy to get a hold of. You can stand them up in a line, you can lay them on their side and fill them with dirt, or you can lay them on their side empty and cry when you try to get over them and fall in the hole.

2. Find a junker car or two and take the windows out and any other breakable things. Put them on the track so you have to go over top of them.

3. Cable spools. I've come across some before and really wish I would have picked them up. They would be perfect to lay on their sides in the track for an obstacle.

4. Make a wall. Make a 2-3 foot tall wall of cinder blocks and put dirt behind and on top of them.

5. Lay logs lengthwise on the track, so you must ride on top or between them, kind of like wooden ruts.

I am building the tracks and one of the single track loops in an old Christmas tree farm and surrounding area which is 4 miles north of Eau Galle, WI(which is 11 miles north of Durand) The other single track trail loop will be located about a 3/4's of a mile away in the hills and woods surrounding the house. It takes about an hour and a half to get here from the NW part of Rochester where my brother lives.

When are you planning on taking your drivers test?

Alright, sweet. My dad and I live in NW Roch as well, so I guess we have a pretty good estimate.

I'll probably be taking the test in February, so I'll probably ride alot more next season if I can afford the gas.:)