Sign in to follow this  

Oct. 10-12 - Hunt Creek/Mio?

Annual Mio Hunt Creek ride....who's in? Is this a good weekend, or should we go later in the month? Just starting this thread for speculation purposes and, besides, I need a few days to prepare some potent salsa! :):D

Well, if it's bow season Ulmanb should be able to make it. My bud Mark stopped by the other day looking to ride, maybe I could try and talk him into shooting up with me. I will also see if my bother-n-law will blow the dust off his bike and ride; if Mark's trailer can handle three bikes that is.:)

GLDS is having a toys for kids fundraiser/Club Ride in St Helen that weekend. Free food. Good excuse to stop by and ride the St Helen area (trail connects to the campground; there'll be some two-track riding as well).

I just rode those trails this past weekend what a nice couple of loops, very rocky it was a challenge. I might be in for a color ride best time of year for MI trail riding in my opinion.

IMO is we've "the" ride the first week or so in November the last two years? Weather's not an issue, Mrs. vantolr makes some good salsa to take care of the chills... It's a good way to wrap up the end of the year for sure!

I am up for it! First trail ride of the year for me - whoo-hoo.

Note: Don't jump curbs on your mountain bike after having many cocktails. You might find yourself splayed-out on the McDonald's parking lot...then have to nurse you shoulder for 3 months. :)

Mark

I am up for it! First trail ride of the year for me - whoo-hoo.

Note: Don't jump curbs on your mountain bike after having many cocktails. You might find yourself splayed-out on the McDonald's parking lot...then have to nurse you shoulder for 3 months. :D

Mark

Hey Rich, I think I have a co-pilot! so I would count me in as of now. The only thing we have to work out is who is bringing the grub. I hope "skin" can make it, I haven't rode with him in years.:)

I have to check and see if thats a bow hunting weekend (whether dad is off that weekend).

If I come, I can fit a few in my camper and have room for a tent. The campground now charges $5 per geust overnite. Also if you have your own camper, might be able to get a couple spots as it is late in the season.

I have to check and see if thats a bow hunting weekend (whether dad is off that weekend).

If I come, I can fit a few in my camper and have room for a tent. The campground now charges $5 per geust overnite. Also if you have your own camper, might be able to get a couple spots as it is late in the season.

Well, I was going to shoot up for the day, :) But If I can crash at Ulmanb's and drink a couple of free bud lights,then ride the next day, that might be better. :D

Well, I was going to shoot up for the day, :) But If I can crash at Ulmanb's and drink a couple of free bud lights,then ride the next day, that might be better. :D

I hear that......good plan!

What's the date going to be? Either way the vantolr's are on salsa duty!

Gotta do it before bow-season starts! right...?:D

What's wrong with riding during bow season, every once in a while the hunters crap on the trail, but that washes off, we will put you down as a maybe. :) Well, there was also that time me and Bobbysand found a arrow in the tree a couple of feet above my truck when we rode from a pull off.:worthy: I'm running around loading my bike as fast as I can and Matt's worried about part 2 of deliverance.

arrow-1.jpg

Someone looking for a wr250?

Rick, I was looking at the wr250 for the wife, but right now she's test driving a Xr250.

What's the date going to be? Either way the vantolr's are on salsa duty!

I'm hoping for Oct 11, unless I take the day off, but that means Mark would also have to be able to take the day off.

IMO is we've "the" ride the first week or so in November the last two years? Weather's not an issue, Mrs. vantolr makes some good salsa to take care of the chills... It's a good way to wrap up the end of the year for sure!

The riding season has an end??? Huh....when did this happen? 👍

Evart2011-11-0620Don.jpg

Sounds good, I like that timing... I also like that salsa....

FYI... We're heading to Cadillac again this Saturday, should be there about 10AM if interested.