Wharton State Forest N.j

As long as you have license, insurance, inspection, etc. you shouldn't have any problem. Remember to stay off the single track. It is mainly sand roads and woods roads. Some sections have some very soft sand. On the weekends it can be a little crazy with other vehicle traffic, cars, canoe trucks. The place is pretty big with a lot of trails so it is easy to get lost if it is your first time.

NJ State Park Police down in Wharton State Forest have two black Suzuki DRZ400s set-up for off-road use that they petrol the woods on.... So don't get caught on any single track, because they have been known to be waiting for riders back on the trails on weekends.

They also have a bunch of quads and side x sides they petrol on.

NJ State Park Police down in Wharton State Forest have two black Suzuki DRZ400s set-up for off-road use that they petrol the woods on.... So don't get caught on any single track, because they have been known to be waiting for riders back on the trails on weekends.

They also have a bunch of quads and side x sides they petrol on.

He's right on...I've seen them...

Anyone know if its legal to ride Wharton if your plated ?

If so whats the terrain like ?

What kind of bike are you riding?

Terrains is flat.

Also very dry right now.

and

pick a weekend to explore, post a ride and some "locals" will tag along.

I'm on a KTM 530 EXC plated

Sounds like the right bike for the terrain.

Just don't behave like a "Wood Butcher" when riding and you should not get hassled.

I'm on a plated 1995 KTM300 two stroke with a bright headlight.

I always make sure it's working before going out and the rangers/police wave as I squeze buy them in their 4x4 trucks on the anrrow roads.

I actually have inspection also, but it's never been checked.