Sign in to follow this  

New Bike

Hello everyone i have been reading all your post for a few months now while looking for a bike. Well its been hard to find a good deal and now i see a guy selling a bike about 10 miles from my house. He posted it on TT http://www.thumpertalk.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=41463

but im just not sure about this bike. Can you give me a little insight on what you would do. Mind you I have rode before so this is not my first bike mostly street though. Anyone maybe know anything about this bike I don't see any other post from this user.

Edit I do now see he has some post just not that much about the bike.

If your 10 mins away I would go check out the bike! Talk to the owner and see what he has done to the bike (mods). Sometimes it's hard online when your shopping for a bike but checking out a bike in person with the owner gives you a better idea of who rode it, serviced it, etc. Just my opinion.

Im also local to the guy. I spotted it on craigslist about a week and a half ago but it seemed a little fishy to me.

"Miles are a little over 7K, but only about 15 hours since the big bore was installed."

why wouldnt he list the miles that the big bore was installed and the current miles on the bike. It had an odometer for a reason. Got a bad vibe when i called about it.

Theres a nice SM in Chatsworth for sale. The guy is asking a little much for it but hes been sitting on it for about 3 weeks and he has lowered the price once so hes probablly ready to deal. I personally checked out that bike and if he would have taken my offer i would have taken it home but he didnt want to go that low yet. Heres a link to the ad for it http://atlanta.craigslist.org/mcy/773384950.html

The market is sorta dry right now. Ive been looking for a 2nd DRZ for myself and my dad is wanting one too, but the trend seems to be people are asking more for bikes with higher miles. I got my DRZ off craigslist from a guy in blairsville. It was a 3 hour drive to just outside of SC but i got an 01 s with 4500 miles for $2,400, one owner and it had been taken care of. Keep an eye out but all the good ones get snatched up FAST so dont be mad if i beat you to it...lol. :)

man the americans get bikes so much cheaper then in canada im from vancouver island and i just recently baught an 04 klx 400 for 4500 it had only 2700 kms on it, but im hearing you guys saying 4000 is a bit much come to canada and you pay like 3 grand for an old xl 250 at such its rediculous

One of my big things is with all the mods does it make it less reliable. A bike with the mods this one has is great but does it make its life less.

It wont be any less reliable if they were done properly. This bike has major internal work that you cant verify was performed by a competent indivuidal or shop, its definatley a gamble... its an 02 with 7k on the chasis i mean thats more mileage than i would be interested in. I was leary of my bike at 4500...but he had dealer records and i had a good feeling about it. I havent personally looked at this bike but you can tell a lightly ridden bike froma beat bike with just one look most of the time.

Now if it was an eddie built bike i wouldnt think twice about it, but eddie has a reputation for knowing his stuf and building people great relaible bikes with alot of power!

IMHO your better off holding off fir a lower mileage stock bike, dont settle for something convenient get what you WANT!

just for reference I just bought a 2006 drz400sm with 1900 miles for 3500 bucks. It came with a yoshi exhaust as well. good luck