Sign in to follow this  

Picked up a 91 XR250L

Bought it home and was out in the garage bleeding the brakes, when the wife peeked in and kind of burst my bubble. She told me that I am not a kid anymore, and said that I would look like a big bafoon on it. :D I know that I am not a kid (53), but I do enjoy trail riding. Anyways, she got me pondering, and now I am thinking of selling it. I did take it for a little spin in the woods before buying it, and I was impressed with it. Not a DRZ, but it still is not a bad woods bike. Maybe I should hang it up and just git a cruiser. :)

Ask her for your man card back and go ride it. I'm 56 and... women like a little bad boy in their man.

I have 3 XR 250s and 1- XRL 650

Maybe I should hang it up and just git a cruiser.

Don't do it. If you really want a cruiser, then go get one. But that doesn't mean you have to get rid if the XR. I look like a bafoon at most of the stuff I do, but that doesn't stop me!!!!!!!

Have fun, at our age, life is short.

I plan on still having my XR250 when I am over 50......42 now, keep the bike & lose the wife :)

Hey, I'm 65 with an XR 400. Still riding; and the peace and quiet you hear is because there is no wife. Lots of bikes and tools.

Let her know she has two choices either you get rid of the bike and become a grumpy old man OR you keep the bike and arent hanging around annoying her all the time :) Women> they just dont understand do they :D

Let her know she has two choices either you get rid of the bike and become a grumpy old man OR you keep the bike and arent hanging around annoying her all the time :) Women> they just dont understand do they :D

Yeah, you got that right. Well I already ordered a couple of items that it needs, so I am not getting rid of it so quickly. Hey, she ought to be happy, it only cost me $53 a year to insure it. :ride: And get this, she said it's ugly. I just thought to myself, I am not even going to bother trying to explain. :worthy:

+1 on getting the man card back. The key is to build up the number of bikes that you have around. That way when a new one shows up, she cant tell if its one that you have had or a new one. It took my wife almost a month to figure out that I had a new crf230 in the shop. But I have always had numerous bikes in and out since we started dating. :)

+1 on getting the man card back. The key is to build up the number of bikes that you have around. That way when a new one shows up, she cant tell if its one that you have had or a new one. It took my wife almost a month to figure out that I had a new crf230 in the shop. But I have always had numerous bikes in and out since we started dating. :)

Slick, too bad its too late for me, too few bikes, too little time.