Sign in to follow this  

Dealers and their BS - is this a good price?

I responded to an ad for a new 2007 250F Yamaha in white plastics for $4700. Then of course, the BS it's $5800. OTD. Excuse me, what kind of BS is that. It's virtually two years old in a couple of weeks and I remember someone on this forum picking one up for like, $3800.

Feedback and advice appreciated. My gut is to hold off until FI comes.

Although it says you are in Yugoslavia IDK what the standard rate is over there. Thats a pretty good ways from TN

They're right. Most dealers if you ask for the price they'll only give you the sales price of the bike. That will never include otd price which can include taxes, doc fees, pdi. Ask for the otd price. Taxes are one thing that can't be avoided but you may be able to negotiate the others.

You Can Not Export Yamaha's Its Against The Rules. A Us Dealer Will Loose His License If He Gets Caught.

I'm in US, not Yugo. The question at sign up was where I was from (I thought), but, I'm in US.

that price is BS, I gave 5700 otd for my 07 450 8 months ago.

now 4700 otd would be good for a new 07 250f imo.

I just paid this week 5600 for an 2008 YZ 250F, tax, titles etc...out the door. This is basically cost. Did I mention it was white. Basically it was sold to me at dealer cost.

I think your price is expensive for a 2007, considering the 2009 are just out.

Rob

I just paid this week 5600 for an 2008 YZ 250F, tax, titles etc...out the door. This is basically cost. Did I mention it was white. Basically it was sold to me at dealer cost.

I think your price is expensive for a 2007, considering the 2009 are just out.

Rob

lol they i bet they will put you on the sucker list,jk dont believe what the dealer says anything over 5g and i would wall out the door

cost on a 250f is around $5500 i think, but it all depends what kind of rebates the manufacture are giving the dealers. that depends on how cheap you get it.

a dealer around here sells

08 kx250f 4698

08 crf250 4598

08 crf450 4898

08 yzf250 4698

08 yz450f 5299

08 crf150r 2899

08 yz125 4299

etc... OTD

down to the dollar! where is the kx450f, or the 250sxf and 450sxf, rmz's. who's your dealer...

cost on a 250f is around $5500 i think, but it all depends what kind of rebates the manufacture are giving the dealers. that depends on how cheap you get it.

a dealer around here sells

08 kx250f 4698

08 crf250 4598

08 crf450 4898

08 yzf250 4698

08 yz450f 5299

08 crf150r 2899

08 yz125 4299

etc... OTD

Not to be contrary but dealer cost is significantly lower than 5500, lower than 5000, lower than 4800......If I told you, I would then have to use the MIB memory pen on you.

Not to be contrary but dealer cost is significantly lower than 5500, lower than 5000, lower than 4800......If I told you, I would then have to use the MIB memory pen on you.

Generally, what is the markup %?

i went through the same shit.. i was going to buy an 06.. he wanted 5000 for it...up here is very good deal.. brand new floorroom etc.. by the time he wanted fees to put it together all the shit take it home he wanted 7200...*** is that for an 06.. granted in canada to take home a brand new bike is almost close too 10 000 its still a rip off

when i made an offer to the salesman at my stealership, he got his manager who came back to me and said "last time someone tried to rob us, at least they wore a mask!" i should've told him that the last time someone tried to f--k me, they got their a-s beat. so anyway, i'm not really too sore from my f-----g last week.