Erogonomics:Handlebar Height and Lower Back Pain

I love my XR !!! Just got it a month ago.

I had a chance to ride it last weekend (first ride) and it was amazing !! I have one question/survey for everyone. I had some lower back pain and I think it's due to the height of the handlebars. I'm currently running stock triple clamps with some 7/8' ProTapers, not sure of the height.

I'm 5'11" and want to know what other people have tried for this height to help eliminate lower back pain when standing.

Any ideas?? Specifics please.

If your riding a 650r, a emig top clamp and pro taper cr talls. the clamp move's the bar's forward. Open's up the riding position. Then the bar's make it so your not hunched over. I'm 5' 11" and can ride all day and no low back issue's.

...i added the ZETA 30mm (1 1/8") bar risers ?:D the risers are a great addition for a tall rider shudda added them a long time ago...

i have the ProTaper CR High Bend bars, no issues with stock cables...not only standing but sitting position is much improved...i'm 6'1"

the Zeta's were about the best i cud find at a reasonable price...SS bolts, top and bottom clamp with the matching surface that fits where the bars use to sit.

:worthy:

I love my XR !!! Just got it a month ago.

I had a chance to ride it last weekend (first ride) and it was amazing !! I have one question/survey for everyone. I had some lower back pain and I think it's due to the height of the handlebars. I'm currently running stock triple clamps with some 7/8' ProTapers, not sure of the height.

I'm 5'11" and want to know what other people have tried for this height to help eliminate lower back pain when standing.

Any ideas?? Specifics please.

Welcome!

I assume it's a 650L? I am 6'5" and had the same problem until I was offered these as a test product from TT.

100_7751.jpg

100_7750.jpg

Standing up is no more a problem.

Welcome!

I assume it's a 650L? I am 6'5" and had the same problem until I was offered these as a test product from TT.

100_7751.jpg

100_7750.jpg

Standing up is no more a problem.

Test Product ehh? Hmm...I'd like to get my name on that mailing list. ?

• Like 1

Test Product ehh? Hmm...I'd like to get my name on that mailing list. ?

They was three sets available posted at 7 am one day in this forum!

I was the first to jump on it.

If you'd like to be on a test list, join Team TT. The owners are constantly getting new products to test out. They post the items in the TTT members only forum.

It's pretty wild sometimes in that forum. Almost anything goes!

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_what_is_team_tt

EDIT: There is no test list. When an item is posted, it's first come first serve.

Alright, thanks everyone. Your responses are what I typically expected. New top clamp and new Renthals. I don't really like the bends of ATV bars as they sweep back too far and hurt my wrists. Thanks again, see ya on the trails, in my dust of course.