Sign in to follow this  

SM newbie... CCM 404

was going to pick myself up another sportsbike the other week but i got intrested in the idea of a SM and it was at that point i thought why not! and im pleased to say since picking it up its been an absolute riot.

wanted the bike as a daily rider so that ruled out alot of the more focused SM's and i was pondering on the thought of a DRZ400 but the spec of the CCM was alot better in my eyes and 2nd hand prices of both of these bikes made the CCM even more desirable!

feels a bit breathless but then again ive just jumped off an RSV onto it so i wasnt expecting much. but the front wheel will go skywards off the throttle in 1st and with a dump of the clutch in 2nd. handling is absolutely superb even with a shoddy dunlop gpr80 on the rear, all my sportsbikes have been very well setup suspension wise but none have given me the feedback that this does.

my only gripe with the bike is the front brake. yes in all fairness it stops you but it gives absolutely no feedback whatsoever. looking to upgrade to at least a half decent 4 pot setup asap.

anyway heres a few pics. i also have enduro wheels + tyres but sadly no pics with them on the bike as of yet:

DSC01074.jpg

DSC01068.jpg

the rest can be found here:

http://www.bikepics.com/members/xxxrated0607/05404e/

Nice bike ,bit wierd as i also owned an aprilia rsvr before this but due to an accident on my xt a few months back havent ridden it yet but cant wait where about's are you from ?

here's mine

DSCF1136.jpg

i want one too dude...i was going to buy a DRZ 400 SM, but i bought an RM 250 last night (im going to have to wait a bit for the DRZ...)

i would recommend case guards or a bash plate , protect that water pump .

Allready done ,also took of the stupid looking red rim tape and crash bungas also changed the plastics

will post more photos up soon

Top little bikes, i have had 1 for two years now bit slow but last for ever good service intervals and parts are easey to come by as most come from other bikes

440 kit cams and jetting wake them up.

Looking to sell mine now so if your mates want one pm me looking at £2400 with both sets of wheels [uk]

ccm404005.jpg

cookeye

Nice ,but where did you get the tank panel stickers ?

On the bike when i got it but they come from the states and are for a crf 450 03, dont knof thats any help to you?

cookeye

I love the 404 !!!

When i was searching for bike i was looking for ccm404 ds and drz400e , i picked up my drz from a client of my mechanic wich was almost new , but i still believe the 404 has way better design than drz400 !

CCM404 has the same radiator shrouds with crf450 '02-'03 models , same side panels and front mud guard with yamaha yz ( i don't remember which year...) .

I love the 404 !!!

When i was searching for bike i was looking for ccm404 ds and drz400e , i picked up my drz from a client of my mechanic wich was almost new , but i still believe the 404 has way better design than drz400 !

CCM404 has the same radiator shrouds with crf450 '02-'03 models , same side panels and front mud guard with yamaha yz ( i don't remember which year...) .

Side panels and rear fender are of a yz 125-250 96-02,the front fender is a universal from ufo