Ride Video

I shot his on my vacation last week, I've got a little cabin up in the Sequoia Nat'l Forest. I keep my new XT250 up there for some fun dirt/street rides when I'm up in the summer.

Street/Dirt roads/doubletrack/singletrack all in the same ride.

Helmet cam, interesting angles, cool vistas.

Higher res version on my website, 56mb:

Dual Sport Destiny.

Sweet vid! What camera & editing software do you use? :D

I've got a Helmetcamera.com 480 line Sea Land Air Extreme kit. I added a waterproof box so I could get some underwater footage as well. This lens is now about 4 years old, and they've actually upgraded their cameras twice since I got mine, so it's not compatible with some of their newer gear ? The camcorder I connect it to is a Canon Elura 60 that's about 5 years old.

Where this system really shines is when you watch it on tv/dvd, the quality then is really good.

If/when this system dies, I'm going to get a Vio all in one system. That thing looks awesome, I've been drooling over it since it came out. I love the wearable remote control, something my system doesn't have.

For editing, I'm using Adobe Premier Elements. It's my first effort with it, and I think I will really like it. The multi-track editing system is weird to get used to, and can be very confusing if you've got more than three tracks going becuase they are off the screen. It can do a lot of nice stuff. I toyed with the idea of getting the full pro version because I can get discounts on software ( I work for a school district), but even at half price, I wouldn't be able to use even 1/10th of the full version.

Before, I always just used Windows Movie Maker, which is a nice, serviceable, basic, easy-to-use editing program. My biggest gripe with WMM was not having a "reverse clip" function, and not being able to burn to dvd directly. They have kind of fixed that with Vista, but the results are less than stellar.