Sign in to follow this  

Oh crud

My bike has run flawlessly since I purchased it almost two years ago. Tonight, I decided to pull the stator/ignition cover off for powdercoating. I started pulling off the cover and out falls a woodruff key. Oh crap! I clean it off because it fell in the oil drain pan and I noticed it was pretty chewed up. I don't know where it came from and now I'm freaking out. Makes me wanna rip the motor out of the bike and completely disassemble the entire thing. Anyone got any suggestions? The bike ran fine. The only reason I pulled the cover was for powdercoat.:banghead::):banghead: :banghead: :ride::worthy::D:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I found out this woodruff key hold the stator magneto in place on the crank. Is there any chance this thing fell out or is there a better chance that it was thrown in there during the assembly of the motor from the factory? Either way I gotta pull the magneto to see if that's where it came from.

Dam that sucks, at least you caught it before it did any obvious damage. Good luck with everything