Sign in to follow this  

How to lower the rear of the bike

there's lots of ways to do it,either free or with $$, but why do you want to? Just lowering the back changes the handling and not for the better. I got a Yamalink for my bike, I also raised the forks. The Yamalink also let me stiffen my sag back up proper. MY bike handles real well now, and I even need to stiffen up the front cuz I'm hitting stuff faster. My seat is also cut down a bit.

Make sure the spring is proper for your weight and riding style. I'm also real happy with the Yamalink, I don't have the money to "do" the suspension, and the link did the job just great(along with proper sag and raising the forks). I rode my bike "choppery"(low back end) and handling was awful. Hope all that helps.

Kouba Link makes a KX125 set of links but it only goes back to 1997 for $75: http://koubalink.com/KX125-250install.html

Pro Circuit lists one a complete relay arm for $224 before tax or shipping and it's listed for just the 04-05: http://procircuit.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=300&idproduct=24700

id like the rear of my bike to sit a little lower, whats the besy way to achieve this?

For a quick and dirty solution you could pull out some preload on the spring. Or the next time you rebuild the shock you could put a spacer inside. Do that for supermoto all the time... Has consequences, but you can still do it.

For a quick and dirty solution you could pull out some preload on the spring. Or the next time you rebuild the shock you could put a spacer inside. Do that for supermoto all the time... Has consequences, but you can still do it.

consequences....and where does the spacer go? under the valve stack and spacer but above the seal head?

preload is adjusted by turning the collar right? will adjusting the collar let the bike sit lower static or just be lower when i sit on it?

where does the spacer go? under the valve stack and spacer but above the seal head?

Yes.

doc

Race tech has a very nice spacer kit for showa and kyb shocks that allow you to

lower rear in just about any increment you desire. The spacers are designed to allow unrestricted flow around the shaft and between the spacers. I have a kit for my rmz 450 works very nice in conjunction with a Devol linkage allows nearly

unlimited adjustment to ride height and differing combinations of race and free sag.

preload is adjusted by turning the collar right? will adjusting the collar let the bike sit lower static or just be lower when i sit on it?

both!