Sign in to follow this  

wr250f bog when warmed up,,help

I recently bought a 2002 wr250f.

The longer or the warmer the bike gets the worse it runs. When i crack the throttle it bogs and cuts out, It also does that at higher rpms in usually a higher gear. I have adjusted the valves, checked timing,checked tps, messed with ap, adjusted fuel screw, messed with jetting,and it still isnt cured.I noticed it is running rich from looking in the pipe and it pops on deacceleration.

carb specs-

mj-168

pj-38

lj-60

I dont know if it is an ignition or fuel problem,but please help ,,,ive tried all different things

THanks and remember that it only cuts out and bogs when it gets warm,and it idles fine,,Thanks:confused:

if its at high rpms, i doubt its your ap, its just for off idle throttle response.

what mods have you done to the bike? whats your plug look like?

Plug 'reading' is worthless unless you cut the plug in half.

What needle and what clip position are you set at?

Is there a pipe on the bike?

Was the airbox opened up?

Popping on decel is the pilot circuit. Seperate issue. What fuel screw is on the bike? What pilot air jet is in?

Basically, if the bike runs good when cold, gets worse as it heats up, it is too rich, but before you change anything else, give the complete information. Sometimes, a issue that is heat related is a stator/pickup problem but I do not think that is what it is in this case.

i have the needle set at the 3rd clip

the pipe on the bike is stock but the baffle is taken out

the lid on the airbox is removed,but has a flat thin cloth in the lids place to keep dirt out

the fuel screw on the bike is stock,and brand new

i have the bike jeeted lean but it is still running rich,no matter how lean i jet it

i have a new idea about it ,that maybe when the coil gets hot (either from engine heat or electrical heat) it doesnt distribute spark properly under a load

please keep workin with me,and thank you very much