Sign in to follow this  

Working on a '83 XL600R and looking for a couple of items

Hello all, I am new to this forum, but as I have been reading along I have learned a wealth of information in a short amount of time.

Recently my son "hinted" that he wanted and errand bike to go along side his big cruiser, so I set out looking for an older "fixer-upper". I managed to latch on to a 1983 XL600R that was in fairly good shape. Once I rode the bike, I started to remember all of the fun I had on my first Honda in high school, and what do you know....I decided to keep it for myself !!! (Don't worry, I bought my son a smaller bike)

At any rate, the motor and tranny seem really tight and run well, but I do have several 'cosmetic' issues with the bike. I am not restoring the bike to store, but rather fixing it up to ride on a regular basis, just as they were meant to be ridden!!

I've found several parts I need, but I am looking for an airbox cover and screws, along with a decent seat, or at least one I can pick up reasonably and have recovered. Would anyone have these parts out there lying around in a garage somewhere? Or if you know of a source, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Joe

:)

If you are not in a hurry, just check ebay every few days. The parts that you are looking for will eventually show up. Go to the motorcycle parts section and use this search.

(XL60*,XL 60*)