Sign in to follow this  

Next Bike From Ttr 125l

hey, i was wondering what would be the next best bike for me..? i currently ride a modded 05 ttr 125, however i have outgrown the suspension and the power so my question what would be a great bike that is good in single track and more offroad type of riding... i do like a little bit of track too.

the problem its gotta be a green sticker since i live in cali mainly in the bay area so i gotta be able to ride in the summer. i am 16 at 125 pounds and like 5,5 but still growing alot so need something really light and a lil bit shorter. nothing like 250 lbs

thanks for the input..

ps. wanna stay with a 250cc bike. :)

ohh also not sure if efi would be the way to go sooo but maybe a te250 or something give me any ideas if you can

much apreciated

I know you said you want a 250 but i think a 125 2 stroke would be perfect for you, 03 and older are green stickered. A 250 2 stroke may be a bit to much(allthough you can ride it and you may be good on it but a 125 will be more fun in my opinion). And buying a used four stroke can be risky but thats a risk you take with buying used. So i guess it all comes down to what you like to ride the best.

Well unfortunately when you go bigger than a 125cc it seems like 250lbs is the norm for bike weight or close to it.

yeah maybe an 02 125 or somethin but what are some newer bikes other than the crf250 x i just think that thats alot of wait for me to handle i could do 230 lbs fine but just not sure about 250 lol.

i also kinda need to watch the seat height so i can actually ride it lol

thx keep giving me some ideas if you can

kx250f! they are great bikes and i cam off a drz 125 on to my kxf and its great they have so much power and are good for single track and the mx track!

well the problem is i gotta get a green sticker bike so i couldnt do that... unless your talking about a 2002 and older kx250f... always liked kawis especially since i had a kawi as my first bike

yeah maybe an 02 125 or somethin but what are some newer bikes other than the crf250 x i just think that thats alot of wait for me to handle i could do 230 lbs fine but just not sure about 250 lol.

i also kinda need to watch the seat height so i can actually ride it lol

thx keep giving me some ideas if you can

you should be fine on seat height, im pretty much the same height as you and im fine, all you need is one foot on the ground:thumbsup: oh and dont forget 03's are also green sticker(at least the cr 125's are:excuseme: )

really i thought only the 2002 and older models are green sticker and 2003 and above were red.. dunno though

really i thought only the 2002 and older models are green sticker and 2003 and above were red.. dunno though

lol i thought so too but my 2003 is green sticker:prof:

ok whats the best 2000 to 2002 (preferably 2002) 125 2 stroke yamaha, honda or what...

any tips on riding them since i have never ridden a 2 stroke in my life

how is the maintainance and what to do to make it a real woods weapon since thats what i would mostly be using it for...

thx

ok whats the best 2000 to 2002 (preferably 2002) 125 2 stroke yamaha, honda or what...

any tips on riding them since i have never ridden a 2 stroke in my life

how is the maintainance and what to do to make it a real woods weapon since thats what i would mostly be using it for...

thx

the 2001 yz 125's are pretty good, allot of people say the cr 125's have weak engines but there still not to bad and the handling is awesome on them(in other words im happy with mine)but do allot of research, the maintenance is pretty easy no valves to check or anything, pretty much changing tranny oil, and air filter maintenance and thats it. I got a cr 125 and came off a drz 125(i had only ridden a two stroke once) and youll get used to it quick, just sit up on the seat a little more than you would on the ttr, and youll be using the clutch more.

yeah i like the cr's alot to as well as the yz, but just got to see how it would be in the woods with em'.

comparing an 02 yz125 and an 02 cr125

which would have more bottom end compared to eachother, being there 125s (no bottom end like a 250 2 stroke)?

thx

What about a crf150r. They have 22hp stock and can be built to have 27hp. They can do trail and any MX track.

I would not recommend the crf 150r, first off your coming off a ttr 125 so getting a 150 is only 25cc more, dont get me wrong 150rs own against the 125 trail bikes(no offense), but your gonna be wanting more out of a bike very soon, and there way more expensive then getting for example a 2002 cr 125 or something, plus why not just move up to the big bikes:prof: :)

i just think that thats alot of wait for me to handle i could do 230 lbs fine but just not sure about 250 lol.

Uhhh... im 12 years old 107 pounds 5'3 and i can pick up a 260 pound bike. You probably shouldnt have any problems on a bike of the same size.

CR125 is a great bike.. but i like the yammi 125 also, i guess as a honda rider/owner id have to say the CR125