Sign in to follow this  

Fastace AS-01's

Anyone know how the new Fastace AS-01's compare to the current GPX forks on the X4. Curious to know :)

I think they are a lot better. In my opinion, they are comparable to zokes. They are close to that big bike suspension feel. I've had a pair since Dec. 07 and have a lot of time on them and I'm very happy with them.

i think hes talking about the gpx forks....cuz ive ridden both and the fast ace were pretty sad....but the gpx w/an oil change are really really good...

There are 3 models of fastace forks out there for pitbikes. Within those three models, there are at least two versions of one model that I know of:

AS03 - not too good, pretty cheap and ok for just riding around not real good for mx

AS02 - (at least to versions or an updated model and original model) second version very good when the oil is changed and the air pressure is set right. rebound control on one fork compression control on the other. These are pretty good forks when you get them set are are fine for hitting big jumps and whoops, etc

AS01 - the latest pitbike forks from fastace. These are the forks that the original poster asked about and they are very good. I can't remember the diameter, but they are wider and completely different internals than both the as01 and as02 models...and they have very nice triples too. They are very similar to bike bike forks and feel very smooth. I think for the money, they are the best pitbike forks currently available. In my opinion they are very close to zokes....or even perform just as well. The DNMs are good too, but the dnm uses a 2 piece progressive spring that have too much sag in the top of the stroke.

Thanks for the input guys. They sound pretty good. Anyone else have any experience with the AS-01's?

Buyer beware, fast ace knock-offs are known to exist. Whatever you end up with purchase from a realiable vendor.