Sign in to follow this  

tall guys

ok well i'm a tall guy i'm 6'3 i was wondering what is a good 2 stoke bike for a tall guy right now i have an rm125 i love it but it feels a bit cramped oh i can go 125 or 250 just something that would fit nice

From all of the manufacturer specs, I think the YZ is the tallest at 38.8" seat height. The RMZ is the shortest at 37.4 I believe.

I do not know how the yz feels from the cockpit though. I have a RMZ450 and I put FastWay low-boy pegs on it and a set of RC High Bend Renthals it made mine much more roomier feeling. I am 6'2" by the way.

I do not know how the yz feels from the cockpit though.

The older YZ's were very cramped, with the handlebar mounts at the back of the triple T. I think the newer ones have adjustable mounts.

I put a different top T on my 99 to be able to move the handlebar, and with a Windham bend handlebar mounted in the forward position, fastway pegs, and a tall seat it was very comfortable (6'3")

I've always raced YZ's (own a YZ250 and YZ125 now, used to have a YZ250F) and on all of them I'd use the same setup. At 6'3" I needed a tall seat and some Windham bars. I tried the lowboy pegs but they catch in ruts way to much for MX racing. Depending on if the tracks around you get rutted you may be alright with them.. they do add some leg room but it just isn't worth getting your feet ripped off the pegs or hanging your footpeg up in a corner.

I am 6' 3" and 200#. I ride the '08 YZ250 and it fits well. Plenty of power. I initially thought I might want a tall seat, but I don't want one after riding the stocker for a few months.

I have a 2001 YZ125 and I'm around 6'2-3". The size doesn't bother me. I just make the bike look small lol. From what I've seen compared to a RM125 the YZ makes it look like an 85.

• Like 1

I'd just try to go and sit on as many different bikes as possible. When you see a taller person riding, go talk to them and see what works and why. Myself, I'm 6'3" and prefer KTM's. For some reason they just fit me and I feel comfortable on them. My 07 has a wide range of adjustment for the bars, too so I was able to play around and get them just like I wanted.

I am 6'2 and ride a YZ250, I run IMS lowered foot pegs, SDG tall seat and vortex bars that are the same bend as the Renthal 971's. I think tall bars hurt your cornering way to much.

I would think that a tall seat would mess you up a lot. I think the best thing for tall people is to get lower pegs. Heck, it would improve the bikes performance for everybody since it will be lowering the COG.

I would think that a tall seat would mess you up a lot. I think the best thing for tall people is to get lower pegs. Heck, it would improve the bikes performance for everybody since it will be lowering the COG.

Not true, with the stock seat being so small I sit farther back on it that my SDG, with messes my cornering up. I can get on the front of the seat better with the SDG. I l really like the SDG because its taller I can actually grip the bike with my knees, I haven't been able to do that since I was on 85's.

I think the KTM feels the most roomy out of the big 5. Lots of adjustment for the bars and a relatively tall stock seat. I'm only 6ft tho. Currently have an 08 kxf 450 but had 07 sxf 250 last year, and 05 yz 250 2 before that. Ktm is definately the tallest feeling.

I have tried most of the 2t's in the last 5 or so years and the CR's seemed to feel the roomiest to me. The suzuki felt the smallest, but you can make whatever brand you like fit. I havent been on too many kx's so Ill reserve comment there. I agree that the older yz's felt very small as well, like the bars were in my lap all the time... Ktm has a nice upper clamp with several mount positions, when they get linkage, Im off to the dealer. Pro taper makes the accutrax clamp that has forward mounting postions too. Some RG3's used to have options to move the bars forward, but not sure if they still offer the bar offsets like they used to. I never went with the low pegs due to not wanting to have my foot pulled off the pegs by ruts.