Sign in to follow this  

Hot-start and decomp. lever

Hi all, in a few days I'm about to receive the Keihin FCR MX carb for my '96 TE 610 (my old carb was toast and off a 410 model, this one supposedly starts better and since the new bikes have it I get access to a load of aftermarket screws, jettings kits, etc... :) ) so now I have the problem that this carb has a hot-start circuit (remote, by cable) and I need to attach it somewhere to the handlebar. This is a problem cause I have a clutch with a decomp. lever on top of it, and If I use that for the hotstart, I don't have a decomp. lever! :D Anyone know of any aftermarket clutch levers with hot start, AND a good decomp. lever? I was looking at ASV levers, but not sure which ones fit (or at all)...

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks, will check this out. Isn't it however only an issue of mounting the thing to the handlebars? And then cable length?

Should be relatively easy to fit one as long as it can be mounted to the handlebars and the cable is long enough to get to the decomp. release arm and same for the hot start?

EDIT: Most of this stuff bolts onto the brake perch and stuff, I don't need anything like that, I'd be happy with a small lever that I could just insert the cable into, with a normal

7/8 bar mount or something, no fancy solutions...

BTW, while adjusting my clutch lever and controls I managed to do this; :ride::)

8yxn9k.jpg

Must've overtightened it and it just snapped :worthy:

Managed to tighten the bottom bit hard enough to stop it from moving (well, mostly), supposedly it'll hold, for how long...:D

One more reason to get a pro perch!!