Sign in to follow this  

installed new handlebars

well that top clamp didn't work the bars are applied cr highs $30 dollars from ebay clamps pro taper's $25 ebay again.... grips are scotts SXII like $13 dollars and a new thorrtle tube was $10 got those from denniskirk.... dont mind the lose wires i just forgot to put the zip ties back on ...

IMG_0574.jpg

You just used the wrong clamp. Should have gone with the Zeta Tree/clamp for that look. Plus you can move the bars forward or back 8 different positions, or go with 8 different height adjustments. Plus you get the extra bling of billet and the one piece top clamp. :)

drz036.jpg

drz028.jpg

Yeah that it, that's it. $13. That's my story and I'm sticken to it! If my wife asks, it was $13.

They also offer the universal adapter with the one piece top that works like what you have, but they have one with the DRZ spacing. I believe it's called the UX1(might be wrong on that) I think it might be around $50-$60 bucks though. Forest knows what model fits. The tree I bought was a bit more and I had to modify the stock headlight bracket to get it to work. I'm real happy with it though.

I've got my eye on the Scotts setup. I'm going to get the stabilizer at some point so I might as well get the clamp and bars designed for it. Just hope the price is comprable.

there is a scotts setup in the classifieds.