Sign in to follow this  

Identify this frame vs tank !

Hey all, challange for ya's

and if there is a conclusion it will help me so much ill be giddy

I really want a larger tank, i have a 2006 XR250L

i tried a clarke 1316 and it was completely wrong, thou it said all years of xr250l's

i suspect something in the normal xr250r range will go on this, ive been looking through all sorts of translated pages, and i think i can get something, its just a matter of someone that knows this frame and seat/tank combo etc

so please people

what does it look like i can get :)? , would be so darn happy, like you wouldnt believe!

some pics:

xr250tt1.jpg

xr250tt2.jpg

xr250tt3.jpg

Wow, that looks a lot like the mounting setup of the XR650L, with the donuts. All ORV XR's that I have seen use the screws to hold the front of the tank down. LOL, that doesnt look like our dinosaur XR250L, thats for sure. I like the USD's and the tank shrouds, though totally useless, look awesome and really update the bike. Want.

model

JH2 MD30U

so come on guys :D what large tank will fit my bike? any? or do i need more luck than finding something that will fit jh2 md30u :)?

Just about all street-legal and dualsport bikes have a battery and therefore e-start, no?

no not all have e-start I believe that the 87 XL250R was kick start. Nowdays e-start is very prevelant. But the motor in hbis picture depicts a starter motor on the engine, the XR250L (2006) is not avialbel in the USA.

Get ahold of www.justgastanks.com and send them some pictures I think they can help with your dilemma in the proper fitment of a tank.

The Clarke Kit you got was for all years US model, unfortunately.

The US L mounts in the same way but likely different dimensions. The Clarke Tank doesn't use any of the stock mounting, instead in mounts in a similar fashion to the dirt only versions of the XR250R. There was a post a few weeks back about an AU tank maker that made optional bolt on tanks. Other than that I'd give IMS and Acerbis a call and see if they make a tank for the Newer Ls.

Hope that wasn't confusing, I'm in a bit of a hurr

model

JH2 MD30U

so come on guys :D what large tank will fit my bike? any? or do i need more luck than finding something that will fit jh2 md30u :)?

Bro you are screwed..Its a model that is sourced from brazil so some aftermarket parts to bolt straight on:thumbsup: ie tanks are rare as rocking horse s**t...if ava at all..With some frame mods you should be able to use the clarke less the scoops