Sign in to follow this  

450 sxf, no spark wont go

Hey guys

My 450 sxf 08, was going along fine and suddenly stopped, wouldent fire back into life, battery was virtually dead, after starting it fine.

Tried to roll start it but it was dragging the starter motor, so it sounded like it was trying to start it, when roll starting.

When i pulled of the sparkplug off and tested for spark there was none.

motor still ticks over fine

Any help would be good thanks guys

Will the bike run right if you fully charge the battery on an external battery charger? If you can recharge the battery and it will run, then you have a bad stator that is not charging the battery. On this bike, the ignition coil pulls its power from the battery, not the stator, so if the battery dies, so does the bike. The stator's sole purpose is to keep the battery charged.

What was finally the Problem that you don´t have a spark?

On weekend I had the same Problem on my 2007 450 sxf. When I was riding on the Track without any Problems, suddenly the Motor stops. The starter runs free but the Motor doesn´t start again. I pulled of the sparkplug and there were no spark. So I reconnected any electric plug, put some contact-spray on it (but actually the cables and plugs were in good condition) and changed the Battery. After that the motor fires up again, so I thought that was the Problem but back on the Track the Motor doesn´t run fine and had some ignite interruptions.

The next day same Problem as before, the Motor doesen´t start. Have anybody had a similar Problem? Heard from any problems with the Blackbox?

A Friend suggested me to check the stator because he had a similar Problem with his 2005 450 SX.

Some people had problems with grilled stators on those "old" RFS engines but i haven´t heard of single case on these new engines. :ride::)🤣