Sign in to follow this  

Husky news..new president for HV NA

Just got wind that Husqvarna Motorcycles North America's new president is Mark Brady.Mr. Brady spent the last 15 years with Triumph; however before that he worked for the March Formula 2 BMW factory team.(according to sources of Dealernews...a publication for the dealers in the M/C industry) .It reads that Mr. Brady will be responsible in re-establishing Husqvarna in the off-road market here in the US.

:) Guscycle

GNCC is a good place to start, but we need at least one rider in AMA National H&H, Hare Scrambles West, and WORCS each. Kawasaki and KTM are the only two that really have a presence in all of these, and they also seem to be the ones who are selling the most bikes. Doesn't hurt that they make good bikes, but I'm sure Husky makes a better one!

I think this is a great sign that BMW intends to sell more Huskys in the US and establish a firmer footing in the off-road market. Hopefully it will lead to more dealerships and better parts support.

What's his e-mail address; I need to talk to him about adjustable compression dampers on TE610 forks.

On that note, I wonder what the '09 models will have - no suspension adjusters at all (front and rear)? :)

GNCC is a good place to start, but we need at least one rider in AMA National H&H, Hare Scrambles West, and WORCS each. Kawasaki and KTM are the only two that really have a presence in all of these, and they also seem to be the ones who are selling the most bikes. Doesn't hurt that they make good bikes, but I'm sure Husky makes a better one!

I hear you I am the only Husky at the Nationals .Plus i am old and it is a 125

But i am having fun,collecting Husky Bucks and leading in the points.

Will try again this Sat in Wendover Nv

Also, Mark Brady owns an 04 TC450 prior to his relationship with Husqvarna USA, so he's actually ridden a dirtbike one would assume and has a passion for Husky and wants the brand to be successful. He's also on a mission to show the dealers that Husqvarna USA is going to be offering more support across the board which in turn means better service to the customer. In addition to all of that, Mr Brady calls Atlanta his home (for the time being anyhow), so he can't be all bad and our dealings with him has shown him to be thick skinned and prefers getting straight to the point/work. :)

MARK BRADY TO LEAD HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES NA, LLC

Tuesday, July 8th, 2008 - BMW Motorcycle Press Release

Woodcliff Lake, NJ - July 1, 2008... Mark Brady, an 18-year veteran of the motorcycle industry, has joined Husqvarna Motorcycles North America, LLC as its President.

In his new role, Brady is charged with reestablishing the Husqvarna brand as a leader in the North American off-road market. The region is key for Husqvarna and is the only market with its own national sales organization.

Prior to joining Husqvarna, Brady served 15 years with Triumph Motorcycles where he was most recently the Chief Executive Officer of Triumph Motorcycles America. Earlier, he worked for the March Formula 2 BMW factory team, which earned a European Championship in 1982. Brady owns a Husqvarna TC 450 and is an avid dirt bike rider. A native of Scotland, he is a graduate of Bletchley College in Milton Keynes, England.

Husqvarna Motorcycles North America, LLC

Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC is a subsidiary of BMW (US) Holding Corp., the BMW Group's sales headquarters for North, Central and South America, which is located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.

Husqvarna Motorcycles announced a return to off-road racing competition earlier this year, after reaching an agreement with Scott Summers, Inc. to provide a two-man professional race team to compete in the GNCC Racing Series. The riders pilot 2008 Husqvarna TXC 450 off-road models in the GNCC's XC1 class and recently earned a podium finish.

I hear you I am the only Husky at the Nationals .Plus i am old and it is a 125

But i am having fun,collecting Husky Bucks and leading in the points.

Will try again this Sat in Wendover Nv

I'd love to join you at that but I can't afford a Husky yet so I'm still riding a Tank of Yamaha.

I'll be at Wendover on Saturday too - what number are you? And you're Expert right? I'm #65 Open Amateur.

I'd love to join you at that but I can't afford a Husky yet so I'm still riding a Tank of Yamaha.

I'll be at Wendover on Saturday too - what number are you? And you're Expert right? I'm #65 Open Amateur.

I will be pie plating open mag expert . I will be parked with the 100s mc club

look for the big desil pusher motor home with the kawaski colors pulling a trailer painted the same.There will be a lot of green bikes parked around

also we will have a cycle news stand set up since one of our members Rayon Sanders is a writer for cycle news and is covering this National

Look for the lone red and white bike 2 stoke at that in a sea of green and orange

Not to Hijack a thread but there is also going to be a Dealer meeting this year!! I don't think they have had one in 10 years. This is all good news to get dealers and faces all lined up and make the re-birth of the brand better.

I hope they keep Rob Keith around. He has been a huge bright spot for Husky for the last ten years.

Greg

I was just about to post something to this effect.With all the talk of new people at Husky .We need to remember who was a one man army here

in the USA trying to help all of us.ROB KEITH has personally help me

and for that i say thank you . Meet Rob at the Dealer show in Long Beach 3 years ago he was helpful and also was the man that got 1o West Motorsports in Indio to be a Husky Dealer.How many of you Husky riders have his personall cell # and have be able to call the vp direct for help.

The support has been great and i hope Rob is not lost in the new company

Does any one know as of now what Robs title is at the new BMW Husky

Thanks Rob for your support John Kearney

I have also had many great experiences with Rob,during the time I was a dealer and afterward.He was always buried in paperwork ,phone calls ,e-mails and alike and was fortunate to hang out with him for lunch when I went to visit family in Jersey. Great guy indeed :) Definately an asset to the company :D

:worthy: Guscycle

+1 about Rob Keith. I met him an an enduro and have since hung out with him at another and exchanged very friendly emails since just talking about upcoming events. He seems to be a great ambassador and I hope he's part of everything Husqvarna for a long time!

+ another. I have ridden with Rob a few times and he's good for Husky. I seriously hope BMW understands him going above and beyond for some loyal Husky riders. I think there was one person on here who wrote a letter to one of the magazines and Rob sending him some plastic and a hat. Rob's biggest downfall was being spread too thin but he was always fair and always believed in the brand. He is a fellow Husky rider too so hopefully the new president will see that they need people like this. It's a shame that we can't get the right contact to put in a good word for Rob. I tried when this whole thing went down but no luck.

Rob was huge with support the first NE Husky Gathering. He went above and beyond to help get a bike under Joe Chod, who was returning home wounded from service in A'stan. Thanks Rob and thanks Joe!:)

Norman

Also, Mark Brady owns an 04 TC450 :)

Does this mean he has motocross roots growing in his soul?