Sign in to follow this  

SM or AF a 500

Opinions on Supermotoing, or Aluminum Frame conversions? I have a 500R that needs updating. I have other machines to play with, but they aren't a 500 2 stroke. I'm leaning tward the SM, but don't personally know anyone with one done.

I would put it in an aluminum frame for sure, the question is, once its in the frame will it then become a supermoto. :)

Yeah, both would be the fix-all. Got other machines to play with, and winter is coming!!!! Just wondering if anyone runs both and what is your assesment???

Ask over at cr500riders.com or bannedcr500riders.com. There are people who have both done.

I say do both.

Yeah, both would be the fix-all. Got other machines to play with, and winter is coming!!!! Just wondering if anyone runs both and what is your assesment???

Yes, I've done both..sm and af and it's definately worth the effort.

The bike rides absolutely insane. My previous bike was a sorted SXV550 (race and street bike) and I didn't think anything could be madder than that, but this thing is

It's highly unpractical, vibrates like a bastard, has a small tank range and drinks fuel but you simply cannot stop grinning like a fool after riding it.

You also seem to get more respect from even the most hardened of supermoto riders

do it do it do it

parcelfarce017.jpg

parcelfarce016.jpg

The bike rides absolutely insane. My previous bike was a sorted SXV550 (race and street bike) and I didn't think anything could be madder than that, but this thing is

It's highly unpractical, vibrates like a bastard, has a small tank range and drinks fuel but you simply cannot stop grinning like a fool after riding it.

You also seem to get more respect from even the most hardened of supermoto riders

do it do it do it

parcelfarce017.jpg

parcelfarce016.jpg

Ever time I see pic's of your bike, I have to wipe the drool off my chin.

Awesome job Gixerberg:thumbsup:

Ever time I see pic's of your bike, I have to wipe the drool off my chin.

Awesome job Gixerberg:thumbsup:

:)

Everytime I come back from riding it I am drooling like a madman:crazy:

do it do it do it

parcelfarce017.jpg

parcelfarce016.jpg

Hey Gixerberg,

I was thinking of doing the same to my 91 CR500. I have a tone of questions, would you mind sending me a PM with your email address?