Sign in to follow this  

single or dual?

:) just wondering if u guys would rather have a single pipe and gain .5 hp and a little weight or go with trick lookin dual with a little bottom end grunt?

oh yea and if u have a single describe the differences u felt from the duals.

thanks.

duals fo sho. they look better, clean the bike up a bit. PLUS their tucked in further so they wont get damaged as easily in the event of a loop out.

duals fo sho. they look better, clean the bike up a bit. PLUS their tucked in further so they wont get damaged as easily in the event of a loop out.

I don't know about the damage thing, there is twice the chance of them getting damaged.

do the duals actually provide more low end grunt or does the single provide more hp all the way through? anyone have proof, looks aside I want whichever yields the most power gains!!

i have duals....but i believe the increase in power you would see on duals vs. single is so minimal that the average rider wouldnt tell a difference in the bike. the duals were designed by honda mainly for balancing the bike out not more bottom end...but just a a general physics rule...a single pipe would flow a lot better than duals thus creating more hp. i still choose to stick with duals compared to 1 or so more hp.

Duals = less power, weigh more, and more money. Why go duals?

Also, like cumminsman said, there are are two cans so easier to get damaged probably.

• Like 1

Duals = less power, weigh more, and more money. Why go duals?

Also, like cumminsman said, there are are two cans so easier to get damaged probably.

Looks!

why does everyone think duals make more bottom end? they make less bottom, they are better for top end. Honda says they make more bottom end, but if Honda said that the black plastic on the bike adds more power, would you believe them? :) Its just marketing imo

Looks!

Im into bling and all, but spending like $300-$500 more just to get two mufflers?

I'm not that crazy.

why does everyone think duals make more bottom end? they make less bottom, they are better for top end. Honda says they make more bottom end, but if Honda said that the black plastic on the bike adds more power, would you believe them? :) Its just marketing imo

First I'v heard of the more top end, but I don't search for this info that much. I am getting black plastic if it makes more power. That is awsome!

Im sticking with duals, just because they came stock

Why on earth would I spend $500+ on a single or $1000+ on duals :)

why does everyone think duals make more bottom end? they make less bottom, they are better for top end. Honda says they make more bottom end,but if Honda said that the black plastic on the bike adds more power, would you believe them:) Its just marketing imo

no, I wouldnt??poor analogy though...a lot of people come here to ask questions and get a better understanding of why things work,and what works best,etc.:D to find truth from someone who has more knowledge on the subject than themselves...I just wanted to know which setup was more beneficial and why:excuseme:

it is just sarcasm , and it was a bad analogy but i couldn't think of a better one :) it was ment more as a joke than a serious statement.

Well if I found a good deal on a single PC or fmf I would probably buy it if the price was right then cut it down to the size of a stock dual so it tucks under the numberplate .... Best of both worlds.