Sign in to follow this  

KYB Rebound Adjuster ????

I recently changed the fork oil on my 2008 YZ250F, after some confusion on how to properly bleed the cartridge, I put them back together, but when riding last night the forks definately felt funny. When putting the forks back together, and screwing the rebound adjuster onto the cartridge rod, should I screw the adjuster all the way on, and then use the lock nut to tighten it after that? It feels like I have very little rebound dampening, so I am thinking that maybe my adjuster isnt threaded up far enough. Hopefully this makes sense.

When putting the forks back together, and screwing the rebound adjuster onto the cartridge rod, should I screw the adjuster all the way on, and then use the lock nut to tighten it after that?

right!

and also take care the clickers are all the way out (counterclockwise) while doing that

but when riding last night the forks definately felt funny.

very likely there's still (too much) air in the cartridge

I am going to redo the forks tommarow. Shouldnt take long now that I have a better idea of what I am doing. I will redo the cartridge as well. Any tips to make sure its bled out perfectly?

I am going to redo the forks tommarow. Shouldnt take long now that I have a better idea of what I am doing. I will redo the cartridge as well. Any tips to make sure its bled out perfectly?

Twin Chamber

I leave the cartridge sit for about 5 minutes after "bleeding" it before putting the comp assembly in...you really need to clamp the cartridge so the holes in the tank are covered, then fill it almost to the top. That way you can stick the comp assembly in and lean it waaaaay over while turning it to let the air come out...