Sign in to follow this  

first ride of wr250x

my brother just got one of these thinking it had as much power as a bigger bore bike. i tried telling him theres no replacement for displacement, but he was convinced he would smoke my drz. i dont want to pick on anybodys bike, but theres really no comparison. the wr250x has no bottem or mid torque. it does come on a little when you rev it to the moon. maybe the programmer and pipe he bought will help it. it does feel a little lighter than my drz-until i twist my throttle.

I've found that the real WR250 and the DRZ are a pretty close match... but add on the extra weight and lower power of the X model... and I'll bet all he will ever see is your taillight.

My bud and I went to the stealership and purchased his '08 WR-250R yesterday. Not bad, $6500 OTD with 3-yr. extended warranty. Anyway, I got my chance to play on it once we got it to his place. Definitely no replacement for displacement...I was a little disappointed, I thought it'd have more 'umph' than that. But I can also see that it'll be a perfectly capable trail bike, just don't think you'll win any hare scrambles on it :)