Sign in to follow this  

2009 dual sports

When is honda going to announce their 2009 dual sports??? I'm really close to buying a dr-z400s but I'm holding off just in case honda produces what we've been hoping for....

I've got a street legal xr400 right now but its just not happy on the black top.

The dealer show is early next month, and that is when they announce anything new. Keep checking their web site. Current models that are continued, will be coming up on the site as 09's, but you have to wait for the new stuff.

I don't think we are going to see a CRF450L....

When is honda going to announce their 2009 dual sports??? I'm really close to buying a dr-z400s but I'm holding off just in case honda produces what we've been hoping for....

I've got a street legal xr400 right now but its just not happy on the black top.

I would say you were setting yourself up for disappointment, but then I saw that you live in Germany. Europe gets all the cool models that never make it to the U.S.

I'm not sure I'd want a CRF450L anyway if the motor was a close relative to the R or X's. I'd definately be interested in a lighter, updated 650L though I'm not holding my breath.

I'm living in Germany but in a US bubble. I'm a contractor working at Ramstein Airbase which sets in the middle of the largest American community outside of the US. I stick to US spec bikes - bringing a euro spec car or bike back to the US is next to impossible without $$$ in mods. There are a couple of motorcycle dealers that sell US spec bikes and I watch the military newspapers like a hawk hoping someone is selling used.

Also, the germans dont ride the bikes that I like. Dirt capable dual sports are super rare over here. Go southwest to Austria though, and its a different story... I went to the erzberg enduro this summer with my son. Those people ride dirt bikes!

I thought the 230L was honda puttin in their hat ...

ya, I wouldn't expect anything. I really miss the u.s. xr250L ... sure it had a *lot* of weaknesses ... but it wasn't too bad once you accepted it for what it was. I rather enjoyed mine while I owned it.

I wouldn't hold my breath on honda building a 250L or a 450L. seeing how they just introduced the 230L for 08. I am a big Honda fan myself but if you want a 400 class bike you might as well buy the zuki.

Honda won't. I worked in the R&D and asked them. They said why should we? long story short they won't invest into dual sports. They only like the the 450 for off road racing and the 600 and 1000 for superbike races.

Honda won't. I worked in the R&D and asked them. They said why should we? long story short they won't invest into dual sports. They only like the the 450 for off road racing and the 600 and 1000 for superbike races.

I think their attitude toward dual-sports will change rapidly with the price of gas and when they see the ds sales figures from this year!!! Thing is, if they don't have something in the pipeline already, it will be 5 years before they can get it to market....and everybody is already losing ground to KTM when it comes to offering "really" off-road capable ds machines.

The 2009 Yamaha WR450 doesn't come street legal but it now is green sticker approved in California. I think that is at least a step. :)

If you do much trail riding, KTM and Husky make the best street legal dual sport bikes with the nod going to KTM because of its wide ratio six speed tranny.

If you do much trail riding, KTM and Husky make the best street legal dual sport bikes with the nod going to KTM because of its wide ratio six speed tranny.

+1 on that. KTM doesn't seem to take any short cuts on their bikes. Steel braided brake lines, Excel Rims, Hydraulic Clutch, and a lot more. If I had the extra money I would have bought a KTM.

+1 on that. KTM doesn't seem to take any short cuts on their bikes. Steel braided brake lines, Excel Rims, Hydraulic Clutch, and a lot more. If I had the extra money I would have bought a KTM.

Ktm short cuts their color,,,,that orange sucks.

Ktm short cuts their color,,,,that orange sucks.

I don't own one but I like the orange:thumbsup: