Sign in to follow this  

PowderCoated exhaust?

I was just lookin on the internet and i saw a Ducati 1098s with a fully powdercoated black exhaust system. It looked awesome but i thought it wasnt good b/c powdercoat holds heat, Would that be an issue with that bike or a dirtbike? Should anodizing have been used? I think it would look tight on my rm250. Thanks

Don't you mean it was ceramic coated which looks like paint. Yea it holds in heat it just helps with heat transfer is all. Not sure how well it do on a dirt bike it scratches easy like paint.

It's probably ceramic coated. No Duc owner in their right mind would powder coat an exhaust.

Ceramic coating isn't durable enough to take off-road, unless it's only on the inside of the pipe. Retaining heat in the pipe is a good thing: it keeps the heat off your legs and speeds the exhaust gases.

thats what i said about the ducati owner, thats one expensive exhaust to be doin that too. i guess the ceramic coat stuff would work for the streets

I just bought an exhaust for my rm and was thinking of having it powdercoated because I can't stand the platinum finishes on the pipes. I guess it won't work.

I think what uncle alpo said was that powdercoat was ok b/c it helps keep the heat off you leg.

I think what uncle alpo said was that powdercoat was ok b/c it helps keep the heat off you leg.

I don't know that the powder coating would hold up to exhaust temperatures. The "platinum" coating will have to be removed for the exhaust to be coated. If I were doing it, I'd get the inside of the pipe ceramic coated and paint the outside with flat VHT.