Sign in to follow this  

apparently i was hurt worse than i thought

when i was in the ER for the gash on my leg we asked about xrays and stuff but the doctor said that we dont need them and everything is a-ok. so i was getting my stitches out on monday and i noticed that i cant extend my leg. like if its bent and i try to lift the lower half it doesnt even move. so we did an xray and my knee cap is shattered into like 6 pieces or something like that. and later on today i have an MRI to test for tendon damage. ill post results when i get home.

heres a crappy picture i took with my phone. and i didnt get a picture of the front veiw but there was another gap or two on the front of my knee cap

xray.jpg

ah, you're fine...take a couple of aspirin and call me in the morning. :) pfft, doctors...

I hate it when doctors are wrong. Who dosent? But seriously, its like, "I freaking asked you if there was a problem/it was going to be a problem!"

grr...

I can't believe you would ride without knee protection. Knee pads and boots are on my list right behind a helmet. It sucks to hear you learned this lesson the hard way. I hope you heal up quick.

Thats bordering on malpractice. Any good doctor would realize that a blow hard enough to open your knee up like it did would likely have cause both soft tissue damage and bone damage. You need a new doctor!

Ricky

yeah i am going to be getting a pair of knee pads and stuff before i ride next which might be a while. i might need to have my knee opened back up and screw my kneecap back together but not sure yet. and then they were talking about a leg cast for a month or two *** that would suck especially with school starting in a couple weeks. but im just hoping on a negative MRI. thanks for the support guys

Snap out of it, walk it off, be a man.......

LOL, it sucks, I had a knee cap replacement done along with a bunch of other stuff years ago (snow skiing). Take your time, get it fixed right. Have your girlfriend bathe you...... :)

Snap out of it, walk it off, be a man.......

LOL, it sucks, I had a knee cap replacement done along with a bunch of other stuff years ago (snow skiing). Take your time, get it fixed right. Have your girlfriend bathe you...... :D

Agreed! :)

Fwiw, I'm still doing P.T. twice weekly for a wreck I was in last July (2007). I'm still improving so it's not wasted effort, but it's frustrating as hell. Some of these things take a while. It's just an aspect of riding.

Heal well,

-Dave

I wish my phone took x-ray pictures like yours. Where do you get one? Just kidding of course.

Here's to a speedy recovery. :D:)

gorilla glue that kneecap, you'll be back riding in a couple of days.:)