Sign in to follow this  

Annoyance rant.

I've been riding around the area I grew up in for almost 17 years. Right behind my parents house there is rail road tracks. Over the years I have made trail after trail to get down to the rail road tracks. Had the blessing of the land owner to ride on his property (The guy who built the development).

To cross the rail road tracks I use to fill in the tracks and sides with rocks. The same thing the farmers do further down the tracks. I just got my Raptor 700 after not riding for a couple years (had a CR250 and before that had a Raptor 660). I went back and built a ramp. Month later - gone.

Rebuilt. Week later. Gone. In the past it'd be wrecked when they were scraping rocks and fixing the bank, but they were not doing this.

So I rebuilt - month later - they come down rerocking. Which is usually a yearly thing so i'm irritated, but ok. Rebuilt it.

Been going for a month. Go down there last night and there is a 30' RAIL laying down along the side of the rail road tracks. Center over where my ramp - blocking the 4 trail entrances.

SOMOFABEOTCH. I'll be pulling out the chain saw tonight. Making a new trail 1/8th mile down the tracks and redoing the track crossing. EFF them. THIS IS WAR.

I wonder if a heavy duty come-a-long will pull that rail.

We just bang off one side of the tracks and land on the other. Kind of like doing a tiny little double. Maybe just stop putting stuff there and use that approach?

We just bang off one side of the tracks and land on the other. Kind of like doing a tiny little double. Maybe just stop putting stuff there and use that approach?

same here. Maybe it's harder on a redneck wheelchair than a bike tho.

llamaface, don't be a fool. I've owned more dirt bikes then quads. I enjoy riding. Stop stereotyping people who enjoy riding.

I don't get the mind set here at times.

messing with the rail road tracks is prolly a felony...

I wouldnt do it. I also think its trespassing just to cross them

in a area away from a road crossing. anyway you could get in

trouble with the law. dont do it.

llamaface, don't be a fool. I've owned more dirt bikes then quads. I enjoy riding. Stop stereotyping people who enjoy riding.

I don't get the mind set here at times.

:)

Like I said, maybe it's harder on a (insert politically correct non-offensive affirmative-action-approved term here) than a bike, but many of us bikers just ride right over railroad tracks, without having to build ramps or otherwise violate private property rights.

Riding on the rail road bed is trespassing. Has been and always will be.

Every where we ride now is illegal and we can be bothered. It's ridiculous. The amount of trails closed up is sickening. People moving from the city into the rural areas, and then crying like a bunch of preppy babies that other people are having fun.

:)

Like I said, maybe it's harder on a (insert politically correct non-offensive affirmative-action-approved term here) than a bike, but many of us bikers just ride right over railroad tracks, without having to build ramps or otherwise violate private property rights.

You're forgetting one thing. I am a biker. This year I bought a quad. Sorry you look down on people who ride quads.

The way the tracks are - it's difficult crossing the one side whether it's a four wheeler, snowmobile or a dirt bike. If it was flat level ground on each side it wouldn't be an issue. It's always been a convenience. Being able to just roll over the tracks.

If your quad can't make it over the tracks, either your quad or you need some help.

Which is it?

Don

you need a ramp to cross rr tracks? as if riding a quad was not enough

simpsons_nelson_haha2.gif

You're forgetting one thing. I am a biker. This year I bought a quad. Sorry you look down on people who ride quads.

The way the tracks are - it's difficult crossing the one side whether it's a four wheeler, snowmobile or a dirt bike. If it was flat level ground on each side it wouldn't be an issue. It's always been a convenience. Being able to just roll over the tracks.

So, why don't you just fashion some wood blocks and put them on the track when you need them, and remove and stash them when you are done?

I've never seen a set of tracks I couldn't cross over without ramps or rocks. I'm sure you encounter bigger stuff on your trails that you ride over, no?

Heh.

Crossing rail road tracks is not an issue - I do it in other areas. Like I said it's a convenience thing. This section is a pain in the ass to cross, regardless if it's a bike/quad.

Anyways - I ranted and it made me feel better. :) You guys are just way better then me.

i dont see how it is possible that you have trouble crossing these tracks:confused:

step1 stand up

step2 use throttle

step3 soak it up

step4 keep going

maybe you need to practice more?

The train engineer could be spotting the rocks you put down and calling it in. I would either look for another, softer spot to cross or just deal with the tracks as they are. Ride down the bed and cross at a crossing or where the farmers you say cross?

You guys are so thick headed. Did I say I have a trouble? No I said I enjoy a convenience. The point of my rant was I do stuff, it gets wrecked, I rebuild it. They then go to a more extreme putting a 600lb beam across the trail entrance.

And when you cross rail road tracks every time you ride, it gets old. But I don't expect anyone to understand that since you guys just look down on every one heh

The train engineer could be spotting the rocks you put down and calling it in. I would either look for another, softer spot to cross or just deal with the tracks as they are. Ride down the bed and cross at a crossing or where the farmers you say cross?

Yea i'm not sure what the issue is, I had no issue previous years, but this year seems to be trouble.

The tracks are on a hill, there is a truck path on the right side of the tracks with a huge river ravene on the other side. The one side has a 5-6 foot steep incline of rock.

Good rant! :)

But seriously, rocks that get on the rails can damage train wheels, which is really hard on the tracks and unsafe for the train. If the RR is cleaning the "crossing" up, no doubt it's for a safety or other legal reason besides being kid haters.

If it's a propery-owner, weeellll, that's a separate issue... :D

You guys are so thick headed. Did I say I have a trouble? No I said I enjoy a convenience. The point of my rant was I do stuff, it gets wrecked, I rebuild it. They then go to a more extreme putting a 600lb beam across the trail entrance.

And when you cross rail road tracks every time you ride, it gets old. But I don't expect anyone to understand that since you guys just look down on every one heh

no we only look down on the ones that destroy others property so they can ride, making all of us look bad... Quadtards....

Iknow a guy that went to jail for a week and a 1500.00 fine for just riding next to the tracks its not only tresspassing but its fedral land which makes it a felony on his recond for the rest of his life

no we only look down on the ones that destroy others property so they can ride, making all of us look bad... Quadtards....

You're an idiot.

I ride a bike all the time. I grew up riding motocross bikes, trail bikes. Due to injuries and back problems. I ride a quad off-road now.

Which bike should I ride today?

IMG_3810.jpg

drz400SM1.jpg

quad_032_Large_.jpg

Try learning something about other people before running your mouth to make you feel better about yourself.

Just an FYI - I just sold the raptor, picked up a dirt bike. Now I can be arrogant and self rightous!