Sign in to follow this  

Is any one here a member of FTR

Hi I was wondering if any one on her is a member of FTR. I was thinking about joining and have a few questions.

1. How do I know what class to ride in? I consider myself a fairly good rider and have been riding about two years. I was thinking about doing beginer just to start with and see what its like or should I start in C class.

2. Also whats the best way to sign up, should I do it at my first race or do it through the mail.

Im sure I will have more questions but thats all I can think if for now. Thanks for any help.

SZ,

yes I am and have been a FTR member/racer since '03.

To answer your ?'s. I assume your only going to race HS?? or Enduro's?? No MX.

1. How do I know what class to ride in? I consider myself a fairly good rider and have been riding about two years. I was thinking about doing beginer just to start with and see what its like or should I start in C class.

Unless you are "absoulutely" sure about your capabilities ( I say this because a lot of people think they are good riders but racing your ass thru the woods is different then a Sunday ride at Croom), I would recommend starting out in the Beginner class (don't worry if you skunk everybody in the first couple of races - collect advancement points - you will be promoted to a "C" class faster than crap).

2. Also whats the best way to sign up, should I do it at my first race or do it through the mail.

I would get your FTR membership card thru the mail (remember you need to have "several" numbers listed so that you at least get a number) which allows you time to get number plates and such (race day is hectic enough just for race day sign-up).

You should read the rule book also as that explains a lot!!!

Don:thumbsup:

Yes I plan on riding HS and maybe an enduro. I was looking on the website under the new number and background rules and I think it said if you race beginner you just have to have a white background and no number, is this correct? Again thanks for your help.

Beginner this year is white background with black numbers, no letter.

Last year was the same, but required a "T" for 200cc and under, or an "X" for 201cc and up. I raced X class last year, but will race C this year.

sz,

+1 on Bronc3 reply.

btw, you will be racing on Saturdays and your course will be shorter for HS only.

You can sign up at the race and will receive your card in the mail. You also have to join AMA as well. Start in beginner and move up as need be.

Do you have to have to join AMA to race all events or is it required for just specific ones?

sz,

+1 on Bronc3 reply.

btw, you will be racing on Saturdays and your course will be shorter for HS only.

If you ride Pinetta Hare scramble Saturday is 7 miles and Sunday is about 10 and a lot harder.....:)

Guns