Is any one here a member of FTR

Hi I was wondering if any one on her is a member of FTR. I was thinking about joining and have a few questions.

1. How do I know what class to ride in? I consider myself a fairly good rider and have been riding about two years. I was thinking about doing beginer just to start with and see what its like or should I start in C class.

2. Also whats the best way to sign up, should I do it at my first race or do it through the mail.

Im sure I will have more questions but thats all I can think if for now. Thanks for any help.

SZ,

yes I am and have been a FTR member/racer since '03.

To answer your ?'s. I assume your only going to race HS?? or Enduro's?? No MX.

1. How do I know what class to ride in? I consider myself a fairly good rider and have been riding about two years. I was thinking about doing beginer just to start with and see what its like or should I start in C class.

Unless you are "absoulutely" sure about your capabilities ( I say this because a lot of people think they are good riders but racing your ass thru the woods is different then a Sunday ride at Croom), I would recommend starting out in the Beginner class (don't worry if you skunk everybody in the first couple of races - collect advancement points - you will be promoted to a "C" class faster than crap).

2. Also whats the best way to sign up, should I do it at my first race or do it through the mail.

I would get your FTR membership card thru the mail (remember you need to have "several" numbers listed so that you at least get a number) which allows you time to get number plates and such (race day is hectic enough just for race day sign-up).

You should read the rule book also as that explains a lot!!!

Don:thumbsup:

Yes I plan on riding HS and maybe an enduro. I was looking on the website under the new number and background rules and I think it said if you race beginner you just have to have a white background and no number, is this correct? Again thanks for your help.

sz,

+1 on Bronc3 reply.

Don:thumbsup:

btw, you will be racing on Saturdays and your course will be shorter for HS only.

If you ride Pinetta Hare scramble Saturday is 7 miles and Sunday is about 10 and a lot harder.....?

Guns