Berkshires - specifically Monterey, MA

Hello fellow thumpers ?

My wife's dad has a house in Monterey, MA - and I'm heading up there for the weekend (8/15 - 8/17) with my KLX. I'm also going to be bringing a buddy with a non-plated KX125.

We want to ride Saturday mornign - but I have no idea where to go..

My bike is street plated, so roads are no prob.. But he's going to need to stay on the DL with his KX.

Aside from just riding down the dirt road and heading into the forest - does anyone know any good areas we can ride without any problems? I have a GPS on my bike, so I can find places with no prob. Also, I will have my pickup so we can truck the bikes if we have to drive a bit..

Any help/leads will be appreciated! Anyone else want to ride? I know there's plenty of spots to ride up there!!!!!

Thanks guys

Jeff

If you're going to Monterey, you'll be about 10 minutes from Beartown State Forest.

Take Rt 23 west for a bit and then make a right onto Blue Hill Rd. You'll see the forest headquarters on the left at a 4 way intersection. Stop there and get a trail map. Depending who's on duty, they may hit you with a parking fee of 5 bucks.

BTW, if you don't have a MA ORV plate,the only way you'll be allowed to ride there, is if your bike is street legal with a street plate from any state. That won't help your buddy unfortunately........