Sign in to follow this  

Sunday's ride ...

Nice footage! Julie got some footage of them flying over but missed them taking off. I was so crazy to drive up to the camp area and see all those helicopters sitting in the field. We were wondering if we were in the wrong place!

Nice footage! Julie got some footage of them flying over but missed them taking off. I was so crazy to drive up to the camp area and see all those helicopters sitting in the field. We were wondering if we were in the wrong place!

I was pretty excited, lol. I have never in my life been a part of something like that!! It turned out to be the best ride ever too!! Sidehills ... major rocks ... switchbacks ... steep climbs ... it was freakin' awesome!! :)

You guys must be the couple we talked to back at camp after our ride?

Nice! did you know they were there or did you just stumble upon them?

Joe

Just happened to be in the right place at the right time I guess. :)

So if you ran into Ben and group, was this in WA? where was this?

Joe

This was between lowman and stanley, in god's country (idaho). Like most young, active, intelligent people that ride, they are considering moving here.

:)

I was pretty excited, lol. I have never in my life been a part of something like that!! It turned out to be the best ride ever too!! Sidehills ... major rocks ... switchbacks ... steep climbs ... it was freakin' awesome!! :)

You guys must be the couple we talked to back at camp after our ride?

Yeah that was us. It was good to meet the four of you.

So if you ran into Ben and group, was this in WA? where was this?

Joe

Looks like Warm Springs airstrip along HWY 21......Warm Springs trail runs you up to Bull Trout Lake...you can either do an out and back or connect to Link Trail and make a loop.....

I will say all the times I've ridden this trail I have never seen anything as cool as helo's on the strip!

Looks like Warm Springs airstrip along HWY 21......Warm Springs trail runs you up to Bull Trout Lake...you can either do an out and back or connect to Link Trail and make a loop.....

I will say all the times I've ridden this trail I have never seen anything as cool as helo's on the strip!

Maybe you should join us on a ride or two, lol. :)

Yeah that was us. It was good to meet the four of you.

It was great getting to meet you two. Hopefully the Idaho sidehill didn't bother Julie too much, lol.

Frickin awesome jat. Cool stuff right there:thumbsup: There's nothing like being in the presence of a couple hundred million dollars worth of machines and that much power:thumbsup:

Frickin awesome jat. Cool stuff right there:thumbsup: There's nothing like being in the presence of a couple hundred million dollars worth of machines and that much power:thumbsup:

Yeah, I've seen plenty of regular old military utility helicopters, and even flew in one out to our east german border antenna in the 80s, but those gunships are freakin badass! That's got to be one of those most intimidating things imaginable to see one of those come up over the horizon with all that firepower pointed right at you. :)

Maybe you should join us on a ride or two, lol. :)

Sounds great!.......I joined TVTMA this year in hopes of connecting up with more ride oppertunities, hasn't happend....no fault but my own!

Hopefully going to be riding Warm Springs/Link from Bull Trout next weekend..........

.....I miss Idaho :) You guys been out to the hot springs at Stanley? I've got a few stories about that place!